• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hi. I'm New Guy

Boothg599

Private
Minuteman
May 21, 2021
Okc
Hello. I'm Garrett and I'm a deplorable gun nut.

My goal in life is to become a gunsmith and open my own public range. That is a LONG way off. But I'm good at hitting long range targets, so I'm sure I'll get there in time.

After discovering PRS in the summer of 2020, I have started participating in PRS Regional and Rimfire competitions. I say "participating" because my only goals for now are "Don't get last, Learn something, and Improve my score every match."

My current setup:

- Stiller Precision Wraith (Short Action, Right Hand, Standard Bolt Face)
- Bushnell Elite Tactical XRS II, 4.5-30x50 with the G3 Reticle
- MDT rings
- TriggerTech Special trigger
- 28" Stainless, 1.2" straight barrel chambered in 6mmGT (LOVING the Gay Tiger, BTW)
- McGowen TurboBrake
- Masterpiece Arms Bolt Action Competition Chassis (Coated in truck bed liner)
- Accu-Tac FC-4 G2 Bipod
- 110gr A-Tips at 3000fps with Staball 6.5
- Game Changer shooting bag

My Rimfire is the Bergara B-14r Carbon wrapped barreled action in the same chassis and a Vortex Diamondback Tactical 6-24x50.

I am somewhat new to practical long range shooting, but not new to guns, precision, or reloading. I have a lot of knowledge, including the fact that many people here know so much more. I look forward to picking your brains, sharing my knowledge, as well as competing with and learning from you in matches to come!

Reactions: DustBun and Jake8s
Hello. I'm Garrett and I'm a deplorable gun nut.

My goal in life is to become a gunsmith and open my own public range. That is a LONG way off. But I'm good at hitting long range targets, so I'm sure I'll get there in time.

After discovering PRS in the summer of 2020, I have started participating in PRS Regional and Rimfire competitions. I say "participating" because my only goals for now are "Don't get last, Learn something, and Improve my score every match."

My current setup:

- Stiller Precision Wraith (Short Action, Right Hand, Standard Bolt Face)
- Bushnell Elite Tactical XRS II, 4.5-30x50 with the G3 Reticle
- MDT rings
- TriggerTech Special trigger
- 28" Stainless, 1.2" straight barrel chambered in 6mmGT (LOVING the Gay Tiger, BTW)
- McGowen TurboBrake
- Masterpiece Arms Bolt Action Competition Chassis (Coated in truck bed liner)
- Accu-Tac FC-4 G2 Bipod
- 110gr A-Tips at 3000fps with Staball 6.5
- Game Changer shooting bag

My Rimfire is the Bergara B-14r Carbon wrapped barreled action in the same chassis and a Vortex Diamondback Tactical 6-24x50.

I am somewhat new to practical long range shooting, but not new to guns, precision, or reloading. I have a lot of knowledge, including the fact that many people here know so much more. I look forward to picking your brains, sharing my knowledge, as well as competing with and learning from you in matches to come!
Old guys 2 cents, this applies to any skill. Competing with people who are more skilled than yourself is the quickest way to get better.