• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hi, I'm Samantha :)

2NDAMENDMENT

Private
Minuteman
May 15, 2014
Hello Everyone!

My name is Samantha and I am new to the site.

Just signed up to learn a little more about rifles and shooting itself. I have been around guns for awhile, but mostly shotguns and am now interested in learning more about rifles.

Hope to talk to more of you soon :D

Magpuls precision rifle shooting is a great starting point...

Welcome to the Hide. As mentioned, there is some really great information that you can subscribe to here in the training section. You can also get some good information on you tube by searching NSSF. The videos by Ryan Cleckner cover a broad range of precision topics and can serve as a good primer for the online trainings here.

Hi, I'm Samantha :)

Magpuls precision rifle shooting is a great starting point...
I'm not a fan: There are plenty of threads here about the problems with that video, especially for new shooters who can't yet separate the wheat from the chaff. Lots of misinformation, although Caylen's contribution to it is an oasis in a sea of.... Well....Marketing.

Last edited:
Consider getting the Rifles Only DVDs.

Or better yet, maybe a course from Jacob Bynum.

And welcome to the Hide.

I'm not a fan: There are plenty of threads here about the problems with that video, especially for new shooters who can't yet separate the wheat from the chaff. Lots of misinformation, although Caylen's contribution to it is an oasis in a sea of.... Well....Marketing.

If we are talking the "training" DVDs, don't waste your $$$. If we are talking taking a Magpul class from Caylen- $$$ well spent.

Hey Samantha
Check out the Appleseed project just google it

Also figure out how well you shoot with cheap 22lr
Then invest in other calibers

I HAD to buy multiple 22s cause of the wife THAT B!tch made me buy more guns. FAK me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the hide. Lots of good info here from some great guys. I've learned a ton since my time on here. Still a lot to learn as well!

Hey Samantha
Check out the Appleseed project just google it

Also figure out how well you shoot with cheap 22lr
Then invest in other calibers

I HAD to buy multiple 22s cause of the wife THAT B!tch made me buy more guns. FAK me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hahaha thanks I'll do that!

Welcome!

Since nobody else has brought it up yet, It's SOP for new members to post a picture of themselves with their favorite firearm.:)

Welcome!

Since nobody else has brought it up yet, It's SOP for new members to post a picture of themselves with their favorite firearm.:)

That's only for females. Guys only have to show the rifle. It's a bit sexist, but hey? Rules are rules.

Just kidding. Seriously though, lots of .mil types around here so please excuse the language at times. There aren't many forums like this one out there. But if you overlook that, you'll learn a lot on here from these guys. We joke with each other a lot, especially new folks, and judging by your handle, you'll be regarded as and spoken to like a guy. You may need tough skin at times, especially early on.

PS, not sure about the validity of the claim, but I heard Israel is known for using females as snipers or sharpshooters because their body is more natural at compensating for the physics of shooting a rifle? This was YEARS ago when I heard/read this, so who knows, worth looking into if you're a female I suppose, perhaps they have more specific training geared towards women because the US military doesn't.

Welcome to the 'Hide!

Welcome!

Hahaha so you're telling me that every man who joins has to post a picture of themselves too? :D ;)

gun.jpg

That's only for females. Guys only have to show the rifle. It's a bit sexist, but hey? Rules are rules.

Just kidding. Seriously though, lots of .mil types around here so please excuse the language at times. There aren't many forums like this one out there. But if you overlook that, you'll learn a lot on here from these guys. We joke with each other a lot, especially new folks, and judging by your handle, you'll be regarded as and spoken to like a guy. You may need tough skin at times, especially early on.

PS, not sure about the validity of the claim, but I heard Israel is known for using females as snipers or sharpshooters because their body is more natural at compensating for the physics of shooting a rifle? This was YEARS ago when I heard/read this, so who knows, worth looking into if you're a female I suppose, perhaps they have more specific training geared towards women because the US military doesn't.

Welcome to the 'Hide!

Hahaha you're right - rules are rules! Not sure if my picture worked but it's there and I think if you click it, it gets bigger :)

Thank you :) I don't mind language or anything. I'm used to being the only girl in the group who hunts and fishes and rides quads, so I'm used to it ;)

Hmm I've never heard of the policies in Israel but I'll definitely look into that! I've never heard of different training for men vs. women, but that would be interesting to research!

Welcome to the hide. As with most public access forum, there are folks around here that really know their stuff. There have been some really good suggestions here. Lowlights online training breaks stuff down to the barney level. I spent many a year carrying a rifle during my days as and active duty Marine. I still learned an boat load about CORRECTLY applying the fundamentals here on LowLights forums.

Thanks so much! :) I'll check it out. And thank you for your service as a Marine