• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Hi I'm sulcop and I am an optics junkie...

sulcop96

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 23, 2011
State of confusion
I never noticed before but over the last 8-10 years I think I have owned just about every brand of optic out there. Now I am not looking for the Holly Grail of optics, because there really is no such BEAST (pun intended) I simply have an addiction where I like to buy, play with and sell off mid to high end optics at a fair clip. Not so much with rifles, for some reason I find them hard to part with, but optics... Last year I went through Premier, USO x2, Steiner and the ATACR. Still have the ATACR and that's not going anywhere but flipped the rest and now into a March and waiting for the new March's to hit the streets.

I am more then gainfully employed, my kids are growded up and my wife wants for NOTHING, so with no mortgage payments and no other vices I have become an optics junkie.

Now as such I am seeking a support group and looking to form our own twelve step program. Not to kick the habit, HELL NO, I'm just getting warmed up! I'm looking for fellow junkies to bring this affliction to light and help the world understand us better. I mean come on guys, fondling a new optic for the first time is like being naked under the covers with a hot chick on your first date, no matter where you touch it just feels good!

So come out of hiding an support me, who else is an optics junkie! Stand up and be proud!

Sully

I would like to join a group that is honest enough about the performance of their optics that I can purchase optics based on their opinions and get what I expect. I think that group is called the 'Snipers Hide."

All I know is, when I die.......I hope my wife sells my guns for what they're really worth, and not what she THINKS I paid for them!

Precision rifle shooting doesn't take all the money on the world; just all the money you have, plus ten percent.

Precision rifle shooting doesn't take all the money on the world; just all the money you have, plus ten percent.

Wow, this is the truth right here. It's never enough.

I never noticed before but over the last 8-10 years I think I have owned just about every brand of optic out there. Now I am not looking for the Holly Grail of optics, because there really is no such BEAST (pun intended) I simply have an addiction where I like to buy, play with and sell off mid to high end optics at a fair clip. Not so much with rifles, for some reason I find them hard to part with, but optics... Last year I went through Premier, USO x2, Steiner and the ATACR. Still have the ATACR and that's not going anywhere but flipped the rest and now into a March and waiting for the new March's to hit the streets.

I am more then gainfully employed, my kids are growded up and my wife wants for NOTHING, so with no mortgage payments and no other vices I have become an optics junkie.

Now as such I am seeking a support group and looking to form our own twelve step program. Not to kick the habit, HELL NO, I'm just getting warmed up! I'm looking for fellow junkies to bring this affliction to light and help the world understand us better. I mean come on guys, fondling a new optic for the first time is like being naked under the covers with a hot chick on your first date, no matter where you touch it just feels good!

So come out of hiding an support me, who else is an optics junkie! Stand up and be proud!

Sully

So what you're saying is you need to try a Kahles?

My team calls me the scope whore because I love playing with different optics. Have played with a lot of them over the years (multiples of Burris, Millet, IOR, Bushnell, SWFA, Leupold, USO, Premier, Hensoldt, NF, S&B, Vortex etc etc) and I also use and sell them off to play with others most of the time. Just sold a S&B 3-20 to finance the purchase of a couple Vortex Razor II 4.5-27s. After handling them at SHOT I knew I had to get a couple. They were actually the only scope at SHOT that piqued my interest.

I fully admit and adhere to my addiction of being a optics junkie!

There's no two ways about it. There's features in a scope I have to have otherwise I am just frustrated! At least as important to the rest of those features is a superb laser lithograph like view through the scope.

S&B's will flat out ruin a guy!

All I know is, when I die.......I hope my wife sells my guns for what they're really worth, and not what she THINKS I paid for them!

That is where I luck out, my wife is a shooter and love 1911's. In fact when she got back from her last deployment I spent S&B money on her new 1911 so she too has an addiction and we both know what the other spends. It works, she plays with my rifles and I play with her pistols (pun intended) BUT I do try to hide and swap without telling her. Doesn't work most of the time, chick his the eyes on a hawk.

Sully

My team calls me the scope whore because I love playing with different optics. Have played with a lot of them over the years (multiples of Burris, Millet, IOR, Bushnell, SWFA, Leupold, USO, Premier, Hensoldt, NF, S&B, Vortex etc etc) and I also use and sell them off to play with others most of the time. Just sold a S&B 3-20 to finance the purchase of a couple Vortex Razor II 4.5-27s. After handling them at SHOT I knew I had to get a couple. They were actually the only scope at SHOT that piqued my interest.

Rob, I missed out on a few you flipped in the past so as a preemptive strike let me know when your ready to dump the Razor. I'm just up the road on the Cape and I can see if I have something to horse trade.

Sully

I

I'm there too.
The problem is if you get a taste for the good stuff it's like making a house and car payment or worse.
Couple that with a new rifle to match now you have $5k flying out like the wind.
Not to mention the need for a nice spotter, rangefinder or bino's.
Luckily I got diverted into reloading, but that is another story. :(

Don't need to reload yet, my department issue is 2000 rounds/year not including any extra needed for schools, and I try to do at least one course a year. I still buy more each year, perhaps another 1000 or so but I have learned how to make my training and range trips as successful as possible with the fewest rounds down range. I figure making every round count is the job of the precision marksman, LEO, Mil sniper or hunter so why just go and spray led down range.

So no ammo out of pocket means... another March or Kahles.....

Sully

Rob, I missed out on a few you flipped in the past so as a preemptive strike let me know when your ready to dump the Razor. I'm just up the road on the Cape and I can see if I have something to horse trade.

Sully

Don't hold your breath. I keep the really good ones ;)

Fortunately, I never have to sell anything I buy. My main problem is having enough room to put it all.

I will usually say to the wife, "sweetie there's a cool rifle on SH I'd like to have", followed by an immediate "NO, you don't need another rifle". Then about an hour later, she'll say, "How much is it?", followed by silence. Then another hour passes and out comes the "I guess, if you really want it, you can have it."

Now all we need is for the BEAST to become available.

I'm with you bro. Optics are my heroin. I've got three acogs I don't use just because they're so cool and fun to look through. I love my Swarovski binocs. Just sold a SB 3-20 to get a second hensoldt 4-16. Anything precision optical I love. And leica cameras.