• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hi There, from San Jose, CA

kelisuccess123

Private
Minuteman
Apr 11, 2017
San Jose, CA
Hi guys,

I am new to sniperhide and usually shoot long range, F-class and PRS.

Currently own AXMC 338, and Desert tech SRS A2 in 6.5x47 lapua, and a shotgun for homedefense.

Thanks
WeChat Image_20191006223135.jpg
WeChat Image_20191006224551.jpg

Last edited:
I am from San Jose, CA also. Where is the place in the picture? I am looking for longer ranges than the local ones have to offer (off Metcalf)

I am from San Jose, CA also. Where is the place in the picture? I am looking for longer ranges than the local ones have to offer (off Metcalf)

Hope to shoot with you together. That place is somewhere between LA and Vegas. And as far as I knew, the public field in Tumey Hills (where you turn from 152E to I5 and keep going down south to LA about 25miles) is going to open soon, in there you can shoot as long as you can.

Yeah I have heard of some BLM land in the Tumey Hills area where you can just set up shop and shoot to your heart desire...

Welcome, I grew up in San Jose, about an south of you guys now. Looks like a good place to shoot.

You mean an hour South? Where may that be? Hollister?

I now live about an hour south, in Salinas. Parents still live in San Jose so I go there often. Traffic seems to get worse and worse.

I now live about an hour south, in Salinas. Parents still live in San Jose so I go there often. Traffic seems to get worse and worse.

I wnet there in last winter after a rain, I almost got trapped inside with my 4x4 off road truck. Next time I will be there at least 2 days without rain ahead of shooting time.

Wow, thanks for the headsup about the mud and rain...

there is a few of us here, defintely looking like we need to get a local get together going!

There are some good matches down at Avenal that some of us are members at.

there is a few of us here, defintely looking like we need to get a local get together going!

There are some good matches down at Avenal that some of us are members at.
what types of match we have here in Local?

btw I am going down to LA for prs in Bakersfield this afternoon, if anyone else is attending prs at the same time, you can take my car pool for free.

I am new and only shot matches at Avenal. We have a monthly club match, 22 match on Saturday, then long range match on Sunday. There is a UKD match in November but it is currently full I believe.

@Diver160651 is local to the Bay and organizes many of the match events, as well as a great resource to other events in NORCAL. @Swoodhouse19 is the person who runs the matches, lots of great folks and willing to help noobs like me!

Reactions: Mxridr
I am new and only shot matches at Avenal. We have a monthly club match, 22 match on Saturday, then long range match on Sunday. There is a UKD match in November but it is currently full I believe.

@Diver160651 is local to the Bay and organizes many of the match events, as well as a great resource to other events in NORCAL. @Swoodhouse19 is the person who runs the matches, lots of great folks and willing to help noobs like me!

Thanks for your information and I will check my schedule to see if I can come to the match at that time.

Reactions: seansmd
Avenal is a great place to shoot with very helpful people.

Reactions: seansmd
Welcome! I'm the newb but my girlfriend lives in Costa Mesa. The area calls to me but after a job interview in Paso (love the central coast) I had the pleasure of driving thru LA on Friday night and I was DONE! Dallas rush hour is about all I can handle it seems which is pretty close to LA...

Reactions: kelisuccess123