• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hi there

Ivanov

Private
Minuteman
I want to thank you guys for allowing me to join your forum. I enjoy reading whatever I can on firearms and related issues as well as all the information (and arguments) on these forums even although I am not in the league of most of the guys with their very nice firearms. I am a Category member of the South African Arms, Ammunition and Collectors' Association (SAAACA) and have a fair collection of firearms. I have been hunting for as long as I have my senses. I was raised on a farm and firearms, hunting dogs and knives have been a part of my life since I can remember. I was conscripted into our army in the early '70s and used the FN FAL in 7.62 Nato. I earned my sniper's badge after my first shooting exercise during basic training in the infantry. I have been reloading for 44 years and love it to bits.

I use RHINO BULLETS exclusively and find they are BRILLIANT. I was reading through the forum and came upon a thread about a fella that "hated the .416 Rem Mag". I reload them for a Professional Hunter and have fired his rifle. I must say that I am a big man and weigh 140kgs so recoil is not really an issue. I also fired a .416 Rigby on the same day and felt that it belted the heck out of me. I blame the stock though as it had quite a drop, whereas the .416 Rem Mag had a lovely straight synthetic stock. I also take note about the neck being so thin. I have a .40/10mm set of dies and will use them although the RHINOs seated beautifully.

I've tried to upload a picture of a grouping shot by a friend with a standard HOWA .30-06 Spring. using 150gr. RHINOS at 200m. I think the guy had a 3-12 x 50 Telescope. Anyway, this is a superb hunting load. We use a locally produced propellant that is not too bad. We used to call it SOMCHEM, but RHEINMETALL in Germany has apparently bought it out. I'm happy as it is all I've ever used.

Regards to all

Ivanov

Attachments

• IMG-20140406-WA0001[1].jpg
    IMG-20140406-WA0001[1].jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 11