• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Hi yall 1st post and Scope question

forrest342

Private
Minuteman
Mar 22, 2011
Im planning build a .308 on a stevens 200 action and can't decide what scope to get. All I can afford to pay for this scope is $300. This rifle will be used 99% informal target shooting to about 300 yards. Maybe more if I can find another place to shoot.

I've pretty much narrowed it down to the SWFA SS 10x or a Weaver V series 4-16x. What would yall recomend and why? Is 10x enough for informal paper punching? THANKS!

Re: Hi yall 1st post and Scope question

Both will do well.

Personally, I liked my SWFA SS and they are great people to deal with.

Yes, the 10x is more than enough for informal paper punching.

Welcome aboard! I would personally go with the SS 10x. More than enough scope for 300yds. I have one on my Noveske AR-15 and love it, great scope for the money. Don't be afraid to search the site for ansers to the questions you have either, chances are it's been asked more than a few times.

Another vote for the SS 10x! They are truly excellent scopes for your price range with tons of internal adjustment, decent glass and rugged reliability.

The other to consider in an even lower price range (if you can find one), is the Bushnell Elite 3200 10x mil/mil which can be had for around the $225 mark.

As for your concerns about 10x being enough...it is more than sufficient for target shooting out to your max stated range of 300yds (and MUCH further actually).

Run, Forrest, Run......

ForrestGumpRunning.jpg

Down to SWFA and get the SS 10X.

And Welcome to the Hide.

I have a SS 10X with side adjustment and it's awesome. It's nice to not have to worry about which magnification your at or anything, just point, adjust, and shoot. Great for paper punching and you can usually find a used one in the for sale ads.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BobinNC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Run, Forrest, Run......

ForrestGumpRunning.jpg

Down to SWFA and get the SS 10X.

And Welcome to the Hide. </div></div>

Ahh man.. already getting ragged on my first post
grin.gif
. I had enough Forrest Gump jokes in school to last a life time haha. Thanks for the advice! Im in NC too by the way.

Thanks for the advice and welcome yall. Looks like Ill get the SS 10x.

I never get tired of looking at Ninja Pirtle's sig.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wfjames22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I never get tired of looking at Ninja Pirtle's sig. </div></div>

Gotta love Shay Laren...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wfjames22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I never get tired of looking at Ninja Pirtle's sig. </div></div>

No doubt!

Bob