• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hickok 45 compares $500 1911 vs $3000 1911

Fuck, maybe I should sell all my 1911's and get the Filip job.
Sorry, I didn't finish the video.

I heard the Filipino guns are just as good as a Jerry Keefer bullseye gun.

• Haha
Reactions: Zeroit
Regardless, I just cant see spending 3K on any 1911. Ive had several Colts that are excellent. I have a Compact that will take the bullseye out at 25' and no fails in 500 rounds. Only paid $700.

Regardless, I just cant see spending 3K on any 1911. Ive had several Colts that are excellent. I have a Compact that will take the bullseye out at 25' and no fails in 500 rounds. Only paid $700.

500 rounds? Well, you covered Saturday. What about Sunday?

I have 1911s that exceeded 3K by quite a bit. I've owned Colt, Mimber, Springfield and others, still have some, but I like my NHs, WCs, and LBs. A Corolla will get me to the range and back, but I prefer Lexus. Ain't for everybody.

500 rounds? Well, you covered Saturday. What about Sunday?

I have 1911s that exceeded 3K by quite a bit. I've owned Colt, Mimber, Springfield and others, still have some, but I like my NHs, WCs, and LBs. A Corolla will get me to the range and back, but I prefer Lexus. Ain't for everybody.

Only had it a couple months. Been putting an addition on my house so I dont get out as much as I used to.

My Wilson ran me $4400 after I spec'd it out. But it will shoot the bullseye out at 3 times that distance. I've put 5000 rounds of all kinds of ammo through it without a single hiccup after the initial 500 round BREAK IN, lol.

It’s not 1912 anymore

4EE81D38-7A08-49F9-8AF9-D40464532E5C.gif

His comparisons suck badly.
You rationally compare lower end anything to on the lower end.
Same with high end.
So I was thinking about buying a AI
But wait a savage will do the same right?
You buy high end because you want it
And a variety of other reasons and can afford to do so.
I've seen enough malfunctions related to quality then I care to.
Would he use that as his personal carry gun? I think not?
Why did he buy a higher end when he could have had three or more of lesser.

The Ford mini-van of hand guns.

Nothing wrong with Glocks. Reliable, simple, inexpensive, easy to maintain. I recommend them to anyone with no/little handgun experience. Bought my first back in the late '80s. Just wasn't my cup 'o tea. Have bought several since for family members.

Reactions: Zeroit

Cheap=inexpensive.

• Haha
Reactions: Dpp
My kimber(old one) has been kick ass. Although i almost never shoot it anymore. Pro carry series 1. I never see them listed fs. Thats either good or bad!

Lol, no. Read waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many bad reports from other owners to ever gamble on buying one.

My buddy has one. (Kimber) Its cheap and I dont mean inexpensive.

My kimber(old one) has been kick ass. Although i almost never shoot it anymore. Pro carry series 1. I never see them listed fs. Thats either good or bad!

I owned three about 20 years ago. Eclipse Target, Pro Raptor and Tactical Custom. The last two required a fair bit of work to function reliably. Afet a couple conversations with the guy who ran the custom shop, I decided I would troubleshoot and vowed to never buy another. After I had them running, I sold and moved on.

Still have the Eclipse. Ran great out of the box. Replaced the MIM parts after about 10K. Finish is about 40 percent, but after 40K - 50K still runs like a top.

Regarding MIM, I've have had two parts break: A 1911 safety - low round count and an AR hammer - high round count.

I kept waiting for him to get to a point...he just seemed to ramble on and on and on and on....I guess he was killing time rather than getting to the point, and making a conclusion.

Reactions: fx77
High points, seriously?
I hope that was a joke.
Otherwise I'll be forced to finish the video.

Kimbers have had the (well-earned) reputation as “jam-o-matics” for over 20 years. With all the money they’ve made on the 1911 boom, why don’t they just fix the problems???!!!

Reactions: Doitallgp
I kept waiting for him to get to a point...he just seemed to ramble on and on and on and on....I guess he was killing time rather than getting to the point, and making a conclusion.

I think his point, though rambling, is that you can get a serviceable gun for a reasonable price, that will perform 85-90% of the high dollar one. Add to that, that he likes to spit lead, does a good job of it, gets paid for it and its a win win for him.

Kimbers have had the (well-earned) reputation as “jam-o-matics” for over 20 years. With all the money they’ve made on the 1911 boom, why don’t they just fix the problems???!!!
Older Kimber's were decent pistols, especially their first ones, prices good too. I would not own one today, especially the 2 series or whatever it is called.
The 2 Kimber's I hung on to, bought in 99 were solid, Gold Match and Gold Combat, I dumped both of them a couple yrs ago though.

My personal favorite carry is a eclipse.
Never considered it a jam o matic.
Heavy yes if you carry it all day.
A full size 1911 is a different creature than a compact.
That was a pretty broad statement
About jamming what problems specifically are you having?

Older Kimber's were decent pistols, especially their first ones, prices good too. I would not own one today, especially the 2 series or whatever it is called.
The 2 Kimber's I hung on to, bought in 99 were solid, Gold Match and Gold Combat, I dumped both of them a couple yrs ago though.

Clackamas, Oregon versions were very good. Yonkers, NY were spotty. It's like the quality control team refused to move to NY. Can you blame 'em?

Clackamas, Oregon versions were very good. Yonkers, NY were spotty. It's like the quality control team refused to move to NY. Can you blame 'em?
Lol, no shit. Mine were NY guns, but pre mims or mimms, however it is spelled.
The gold match shot every bit as good in my hands as a Les Baer 1 1/2" pistol. I maybe regret selling the gold combat, it was a sweet piece.

I think his point, though rambling, is that you can get a serviceable gun for a reasonable price, that will perform 85-90% of the high dollar one. Add to that, that he likes to spit lead, does a good job of it, gets paid for it and its a win win for him.

That’s just not news though. Like saying the sky is blue and water is wet. It’s true for literally everything.

Handguns are stupid, but if I buy another 1911, it’ll be a full custom and not something out of the the Wilson or nighthawk catalog. Every last detail will be how I want it. That’s where the money goes.

Reactions: Slab74 and Dpp