• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hide-approved custom bolt gun builder in PA, MD, WV, or VA for a 8.6BLK project?

ZLBubba

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 15, 2009
Maryland
Hello all, I’m looking for have a 8.6BLK built on an MCS-CR chassis, full suppressed pistol or SBR build. Most of my rifles are built by MikeR or Robert Gradous, which is why this particular project requires me to broaden my knowledge a bit. Please let me know if there’s a skilled rifle builder that could take this project on in the southern PA/MD/WV/VA area. Many thanks for the recommendations.

I know its outside of your search area, but ive sent a lot of stuff to SAC and they have taken very good care of me.

Very good desert tech barrels done for me, including some weird ones.

Reactions: BurtG
Hello all, I’m looking for have a 8.6BLK built on an MCS-CR chassis, full suppressed pistol or SBR build. Most of my rifles are built by MikeR or Robert Gradous, which is why this particular project requires me to broaden my knowledge a bit. Please let me know if there’s a skilled rifle builder that could take this project on in the southern PA/MD/WV/VA area. Many thanks for the recommendations.

I believe @168BTHPM knows a builder in VA.

Reactions: 168BTHPM
Check with Jack Keister Custom Rifles in Harrisonburg. If you call them ask for Jason.

The hardest thing that any of us will have fulfilling your project is the barrel blanks. The 1:3 twist blanks required are very hard to get ahold of in a top level blank.

Other than that, any of the shops mentioned in this thread including myself are well within the capabilities needed for building your project.

Reactions: long range sponge
Why does it need to be local? The best smiths are the best smiths.

If it was me, I would be calling LRI, SAC, Hawk Hill, Stuetsville or Bugholes if I needed something built.

With all that being said, just build it yourself. With modern actions and prefits, you are pissing money away with a smith.

Many thanks for all the recommendations! I'll follow up all the project progresses. I may even dig out a couple of my Gradous builds if anyone wants to see them.

Reactions: TheOE800
Many thanks for all the recommendations! I'll follow up all the project progresses. I may even dig out a couple of my Gradous builds if anyone wants to see them.
Continental Arms outside of Baltimore had a couple of grad rifles last time I was there. They claimed they were some of the last rifles he built before passing away.