• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

High Altitude Gun Ranges In Az?

RNWRKNP

Sophisticated Redneck
Minuteman
  • Dec 13, 2017
    PHX, AZ
    So now that we are in the triple digits in the Phoenix Metro area, are there any long distance gun ranges here in AZ above 5000 foot elevation? With the fire ban including a $5,0000.00 fine for target shooting it kind of limits the options. Membership fee wouldn’t scare me off as long as it was reasonable. Grew up on a ranch with 3,000 head of cattle and would be willing to pay a reasonable fee for the use of private range land for you ranchers in the tree’s. Sometimes nice to have a extra set of eyes on the property with the ability to recognize fence and 4 legged critter issues that reports them back to the owner. Check on the cabin, make sure that she’s locked up tight and that some dumb ass hasn’t put a round through the low water line of the trough. Just want to shoot safely and stay inside the law?

59th ave and Baseline.

Still a little toasty about now but thank you. Tempted to take a week off and head back to the ranch to blow out some load development, try my hand at a mile. Only 760 yards farther than I have shot to date? Damn this is some fun shit?

does the fire ban include shooting steel targets? I shoot north of miller road away from where everyone use to shoot. I am usually out there before sunrise.

does the fire ban include shooting steel targets? I shoot north of miller road away from where everyone use to shoot. I am usually out there before sunrise.

If you are on Tonto National, target shooting is prohibited anyway but they leave you alone for the most part. Under the fire ban you run the risk of the $5000.00 fine. From memory that ban started April 18th.