• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Advanced Marksmanship High Angle Shooting Pics

CanSniper

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 25, 2011
Colorado, Pawnee Grass Land
Got to spend the weekend with friends, shooting and enjoying some of Colorado's best.

We started out with quick zeros and got some chrono data. Then set steel targets in the valley. After that was the hike to the top. We engaged targets from 250 to 950 meters, and angels up to 30deg.

Three of us ran gas guns. One 16" SCAR 17 that shot very well, a "cheater" LMT 260 that we all abused till the barrel was practically smoking but it just kept runnin, and I ran my 18" LMT 308. Also had one 20" Remington 5R 308.

It was a great weekend, thanks to Mother Nature! And special thanks to fellow hide member CMonroe for showing us this "secret spot" and coaching us all to a higher level of shooting.

2012-08-05_14-00-30_857.jpg

2012-08-05_13-59-17_736.jpg

2012-08-05_13-59-07_369.jpg

2012-08-05_13-58-27_171.jpg
2012-08-05_13-57-53_823.jpg

2012-08-05_13-58-09_737.jpg

2012-08-05_13-57-43_506.jpg

2012-08-05_13-57-24_111.jpg

2012-08-05_13-57-05_525.jpg

2012-08-05_13-21-34_648.jpg

url]

url]

Re: High Angle Shooting Pics

WOW! Thanks for the pics. That looks like a great time. I'd be willing to drive up to CO to try that spot.

It was a blast and I was very pleased with everyone who went along. That was one fun trip and excellent company, good times for all. Most of you might have figured out I was the .260 LMT cheater and I must say both LMT's shot beyond expectations. I will also tell you guys having shot about a half dozen FN Scar's in the past that this new one redeemed its namesake! I can now pleasantly say their production quality is were it should be. I had zero issues running it out to just over 1000 meters with 118lr. So good job to the shooters who went along and congrats to both LMT and FN for building gas guns that do honestly shoot with the best bolt guns.

Very nice. I have never personally experianced this view in person. I really need to make my way west
smile.gif

that was an experience that you can not explain, the only way is to go out with friends and do it. it was good to be out shooting with great shooters and a great group of guys.It was nice to be out in the mountains and ejoying great shooting(thanks CMonroe).

that's the truth, becareful of a hand gun! forget your rifle its ok because a hand gun will go 250 meters......

Wow, that looks amazing. I was just out in Steamboat Springs last month, drove through a lot of beautiful country getting there from AZ.

That looks like a total blast.

Nice. I still need to find myself a good "secret" spot to shoot out here nearer to me.

Very cool -- looks and sounds like you had a blast.

And just tell everyone your location was on the waaaayyy eastern edge of the state. Rumor has it our biggest mountains and deepest valleys are just off I-70..... near Burlington.

If I had my way, I'd live in a cabin on that ridge.
My wife, not so much.

Cofox, I have about 30 places in Colorado like this, one just so happens to be not very far from you. It is up by Apex, do you know where that's at? I know your area well too because my God Parents lived in Black Hawk.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cmonroe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...It is up by Apex, do you know where that's at? I know your area well too because my God Parents lived in Black Hawk. </div></div>

Yeah I know where Apex is! About, 4 miles from my house...if you're talking Apex Valley Rd. I've looked around up Mammoth Gulch a bit, but not too closely. Looked for some space above Central City as well with not much luck.

Not sure where Apex Mine is...but Montana Mtn is really close to my house. (Dory Lakes)

I've been up near Nevadaville (ghost town), and up Upper Apex Road to the Columbine Campground, up Bald Mountain Rd. etc. Sounds like the mine has to be in that area somewhere.