• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

High B.C. Low Grain Bullet Concept.

highbclowgr

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Mar 22, 2023
Canada
Hello people. Thank you for having me.

I have been brain storming a topic for over a year now. I'll deep dive right into it.

.224 Valkrie 50gr bullet with .590 b.c.
@ 3400 fps. Will it stabilize in 1 in 9 twist?

.338 BLK 86gr bullet with .650 b.c. @ 3500 fps. Will it stabilize?

These imagination rounds have 60%-70% less
drop then 143gr Creedmore 6.5 and go transonic at around 1800 yards +/-.

Recoil is less. Can carry lots like MAC SoG V did with M193.

Material of rounds are polymer injected copper jackets.

Also, are we in 2023 able to better mitigate barrel burn with modern metals and powders?
Lothar Walther Barrels?

3200fps was considered acceptable in 1959 for the M16 program. Is 3400-4000 acceptable in 2023?

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Here is another visual example.

Attachments

• Mematic_20230117_194404.jpg
    Mematic_20230117_194404.jpg
    353.3 KB · Views: 54
I'm no scientist but mass helps with stability, especially when subjected to outside environmentals. So in other words even if you got all the twist rates and barrel whatnots correct, a lighter bullet is much more prone to being moved around by outside forces, especially at longer distances.

You can go light, but too light is not good in the concept you are talking about.

I'm no scientist but mass helps with stability, especially when subjected to outside environmentals. So in other words even if you got all the twist rates and barrel whatnots correct, a lighter bullet is much more prone to being moved around by outside forces, especially at longer distances.

You can go light, but too light is not good in the concept you are talking about.
Okay. Are you saying it's possible to hit targets with these at 600m and possibly have a 4-6 inch group? Possible?

The main priority is not tight 2000 meter groups....but huge amounts of velocity and smack at 0-600m+

Lower lead time. Lower time to target. Less thinking. Less weight.

Okay. Are you saying it's possible to hit targets with these at 600m and possibly have a 4-6 inch group? Possible?

The main priority is not tight 2000 meter groups....but huge amounts of velocity and smack at 0-600m+

Lower lead time. Lower time to target. Less thinking. Less weight.
You are not the first person to think about this. Velocity is only half of the equation for energy on target. Mass must also be considered. If something is too light in carries much less energy vs something with a good mass & velocity balance.

As far as 600 meters goes... that depends on a whole lot of things. Caliber would be one huge consideration.

You are not the first person to think about this. Velocity is only half of the equation for energy on target. Mass must also be considered. If something is too light in carries much less energy vs something with a good mass & velocity balance.

As far as 600 meters goes... that depends on a whole lot of things. Caliber would be one huge consideration.
I believe the CETME people had thought of this in the 40's

I thought it would be cool with modern bullet profiles, equipment and powders.

I figure M193 or MK262 is a starting block.
A high B.C. M193 load in a Valkrie seems like you only have something to gain, not to lose.

Can't get any shittier then a 55gr FMJBT in 2023. 😁

With modern metering, I figure it could also be 0.5-0.8 MOA.