• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

High School Football Coach Fired for Praying at Games Given $2 Million Settlement

PatMiles

Private
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2017

Joe Kennedy

Joe Kennedy, the high school football coach fired for praying at games, has reached a $2 million settlement with the school board and will be reinstated as a coach.
The Supreme Court ruled 6-3 in Kennedy’s favor in August 2022, with the justice’s ruling that the First Amendment protected his right to pray on the field. A court later ruled in October 2022 that the Bremerton School District in Washington State must hire him back by March 2023. In a statement on its website dated March 6, Bremerton High School said that he would be an assistant coach for the 2023 season.
“Mr. Kennedy will be an assistant football coach for Bremerton High School for the 2023 season. Mr. Kennedy has completed human resources paperwork and we are awaiting the results of his fingerprinting and background check. Mr. Kennedy will need to complete all training required by WIAA,” it said.
The district also said it reached an agreement on Kennedy’s attorney fees for $1,775,000, which the school board must approve.
“As with any other assistant coach, Mr. Kennedy will be included in coaching staff communication and meetings, spring football practice, and other off-season football activities,” the district said.
“We are thrilled that Bremerton and Coach Kennedy are back together and we hope they go undefeated,” Hiram Sasser, executive general counsel at First Liberty Institute, a legal organization representing Kennedy, told the Seattle Times.
Kennedy began praying on the 50-yard line alone at the end of games until several students started joining him, which morphed into him giving short inspirational talks in which he cited God and religion. When the school district learned of this practice, they asked him to stop and eventually fired him in 2015 when he refused to comply.
As Breitbart News profiled at the time, Sports Illustrated even waded into the debate in an article by Greg Bishop bashing the Supreme Court case, arguing that Kennedy’s win in court could be an “erosion” of American democracy.
“This Sports Illustrated article is little else but a long smear against Christians, conservatives, and white people in general, and coach Kennedy in particular, and on a vicious personal level,” Breitbart News noted.

Even if I were an atheist I'd be for this coach and the outcome, because even atheists know the Constitution and our Republic are best protected by a conservative, Christian nation. Being an atheist should just be a status of not believing, but like everything else, atheism has been hijacked by the nazicrats for political purposes.

I'd jump through all their silly HR hoops, take all my accrued vacation, then give my two weeks notice. Fuckem.

Why cede the field? Daniel did far more when he walked into the Lions Den.

Cowardly Christians like you have let this happen.

Run to the fire and sound of the guns. In their face every single time.

Your audience is not the opposition but those on your side and those in need of His Message. We serve them.

• Haha
Reactions: jb0311

Your audience is not the opposition but those on your side and those in need of His Message. We serve them.

So, what would your solution be Prophet OldLoser?

If he stays there, they will make his life a living hell, and find ANY reason to fire him and strip him of his retirement that he’s worked his whole life for. I’d make it’s as hard on the school board, make it as much of a PITA for the SB to rehire me, then I’d tell them to get fucked, and go home and spend the rest of my life with my wife and family.
He’s made his sacrifice. He drug that lion all the way up to the Supreme Court, and slayed it right there for the world to see. Because of his sacrifice, coaches all over the country can now say a prayer with their team on the field, and the school boards can do nothing about it.

And fuck you calling me a coward.

If he stays there, they will make his life a living hell, and find ANY reason to fire him and strip him of his retirement that he’s worked his whole life for. I’d make it’s as hard on the school board, make it as much of a PITA for the SB to rehire me, then I’d tell them to get fucked, and go home and spend the rest of my life with my wife and family.
He’s made his sacrifice. He drug that lion all the way up to the Supreme Court, and slayed it right there for the world to see. Because of his sacrifice, coaches all over the country can now say a prayer with their team on the field, and the school boards can do nothing about it.

I see choid/haney has a new username.........;)

Reactions: Srgt. Hulka

Don't send him away just yet. We're about to hear all about his exploits of christian bravery. I'd rather not miss this.