• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

High Schooler Tags Enormous East-Texas Buck That Should Set a New State Record

JAS-SH

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 5, 2020
Great story. Proud of dad who trained his 14 year old daughter, found the buck, did all the leg work and instead of him shooting it, he put his daughter up on the tree stand a let her do it. One shot from a 350 legend and it was down.

1699794033198.png

Story here:

Guy knows the buck is in the area for years and has his daughter take the shot during Youth season. 40 yard shot. Impressive. :rolleyes:

Reactions: TexPatriot
Good for them. Hell of a buck.

For anyone calling this a canned hunt;
1699817952019.jpeg

Dad put in the work. According to the article, he’s been watching/documenting/after that buck for a while. Clearly he had cell camera(s) up in the buck’s home range, and made a good choice in hitting the woods during a thunderstorm. Sounds like he put in the hours and mile, and acquired the knowledge of a tract of land (somewhat restricted access, but there’s an awful big available pool to draw from based on how many people are employed on that .mil base) in order to kill a specific deer. I’d wager there’s not many here that could or would do that.

The only downside is that his daughter will likely never do better. It’s all downhill from there, at 14 years old...

Remember those guys that stuff fish for the tourney win....remember those guys bitchin' about their shark bit "loss" in the off-shore tourney .....this is going down the same road.

Sad to hear dad did the work. He should have shut his mouth cause she might get in the book, but people are going to ruin her.

Reactions: Slash0311
Good on him getting out with his daughter.

Some of my best hunting memories are chasing pheasants with my daughter - canned or not, well done them for being outside together.
And teaching her how to shoot deer. Self sufficient young lady at age 14- Dad was a few hundred yards away when she took the shot, boyfriends are going to be pissed :). Speaks volumes to me. I thought I was doing good teaching my girls to shoot pistol at age 16 - NOT.

Last edited:
40 yards? What's she shooting them so close for? Don't she know you're supposed to shoot like 800 yards minimum?

A Savage!? Oh I hope the deer doesn't find out, he'll be mortified.
Thick - VERY thick woods. She had to shot it between trees and made a perfect shot in a thunderstorm. A .35 slug at 40 yards is perfect for the task. Oh, and about Savage? Those are great shooting guns for off the shelf. Lots of people use them at my range with super accuracy. Bet you've never shot one.

I'm jealous, my dad sure as he'll wouldn't have let me take the buck , good man .

Reactions: JAS-SH
Don't shoot me if I'm wrong on this but I'm pretty sure she killed it on Red River Army Depot just outside of Texarkana. If in fact that is true it will be considered a high fence deer and won't be entered in the record books. Either way that's a hoss!!

Reactions: HeavyAssault
Yeah, I count 9 points.
This is the way it works.
If you can hang a wedding ring on it, it counts as a point.
It doesn't matter if you did cut a finger off in high school wood shop, surely you can count higher than 9......right ?

I would like to point out that being in a METAL tree stand and carrying a METAL rifle during a thunderstorm is a good way to get struck by lightning and killed.

I would like to point out that being in a METAL tree stand and carrying a METAL rifle during a thunderstorm is a good way to get struck by lightning and killed.

And she had a scary gun with her also.

Doesn't Texas have a DSS?

Why would they send a girl to do this work when some boy that identifies as a girl should have got this credit.

Last edited:
Great for her and great father to let her take the shot. But the problem I see now is, it'll be really tough for her to look forward to more hunts in the future cuz she probably won't top that. I always like to look for bigger and better.

Awesome.

Lotta turds trying to wreck a good thing.

I love when kids learn to hunt. Especially girls.
Mine was hesitant at age 10.
11 now and starting to show interest.
Kinda wants to add to the freezer (we eat a lot of game) and said “Putting a set of cool antlers on the wall at some point would be awesome too”.

On 2 seperate ocassions I put friends in my deer stands who had never shot a deer. I got to watch them from another stand a hundred yards away shoot their first deer which are still the biggest bucks they have ever shot. It turned them into avid hunters. Those are some of my favorite hunting memories that made good friends great friends. It is fun to go to their houses and see the deer mounted on the wall and relive the excitement. I think her dad is awesome to share this passion/commitment for something and work ethic with his daughter. Good for her to appreciate that experience with her dad.

He was hand feeding a deer inside a fenced army depot. No pressure, no other hunters, no danger of losing the deer if it ran towards the parking lot or fence and a 40 yard shot. A nice hunt for a 14 yo kid, a good family day since daddy is probably the manager of something on the depot but this is not an epic tale of conquest. It's like catching the biggest fish and grandpa's stocked and feed farm pond and calling it the state record.

You gotta be one if the dimmest of the internet confabulators around here.

Bless your heart

Now go crap on Jerry’s Kids or the kids getting cancer treatment at St Judes.
That will be even more epic!

• Haha
Reactions: hlee and JAS-SH
Fuck those gippy bastards, lol.

Up near where I used to work, this dickhead shot a giant elk a few years ago. He did a hunting video and a fake as fuck stalk for his youtube channel. Of course he forgot a few things. The six tons of corn in four giant feeders, the acre of feed plot under a 230kv power line, insuring a perfect unobstructed line of sight, the 40 game cameras that tracked the critter from dawn til dusk as it waddled around on the 1,200 acres he owned and the fact he was 150 yds off the state highway and only 100yds from his vacation house. He had fed this elk until it was nearly dead from obesity. The he shot it with a bow while sitting in the trees as it shuffled in for its breakfast.

On camera it was a long stalk and careful bugling that brought this monster into the bait pile, then they dragged it into the trees with the 4-wheeler for pictures and every idiot went oooooo, aaahhhhhhhhhhhhh and wow. Canned hunt. If I have time I will dig out the picture of the thing.

The smaller power line is about 50 feet behind the elk, the bigger one is about 100 feet behind the camera. It came in like clockwork for breakfast, lunch and dinner as the feeders sprayed corn and alfalfa so the neighbor set up a camera near his fence line. We had this on the fridge at work.

1699889856873.png

Last edited:
You guys are right - I should have realised it straight away.

It would have been infinitely better all around if Dad and daughter both just sat on the sofa and ate their way into a heart attack each.

Fuck this going outside with your family nonsense.

You guys are right - I should have realised it straight away.

It would have been infinitely better all around if Dad and daughter both just sat on the sofa and ate their way into a heart attack each.

Fuck this going outside with your family nonsense.

Are you so stupid you think everything on the internet is true? They shot a fucking deer inside the fence of an army base, congrats asshole go suck her dick if you're that excited.

1699901973970.png

And as usual here in SH, there goes the neighborhood, again.......

@lonegunman762x51

Tell us again how you are super triggered today by not being selected the “receiver” for the “world record longest BBC train” at the World Monkey Pox convention……

Seeing a deer, especially a trophy class deer, and putting the rifle on target and squeezing the trigger, is never a given.

Gonna tell y’all a little story.

Its the day after Thanksgiving, 1964. Colder than crap in North Louisiana. Hunting ducks on newly formed Lake Darbonne. Basically a flooded forest. As often occurs, the leaves on the oaks are still green in late November, only these oaks are now in 20 feet of water, not long to live. In the blind is my father’s assistant, Mr. Bobby Deal, My Father Willard O. Kirste Sr. and myself. We each had a shotgun, but one was an old malfunctioning bolt gun.

My father, let me use his new Ithaca. It was in my hand when the only ducks to come to the decoys flew in. Mr. Deal got his three and I got one. My father, with the junk shotgun did not get a shot. This was the only duck I ever shot. If memory serves, this is the very last game animal that shotgun ever killed. It is in our son’s possession now.

We drove home that evening, both as happy as clams. This was Friday. A little after 6:00PM, that evening, my father, at 41 years of age, had a heart attack, he never recovered. It was the very last day I ever spent with him, and it was a day, I simply will always carry with me. He was a very good man.

Never, degrade what a man does for his child. She will cherish this moment for the rest of her life, regardless. I have killed a bunch of deer in recent years, but I most remember the evening our son killed his first deer.

Read the story. They worked their asses off hunting the buck. She was all by herself in the rain and cold and made the shot while her dad went to the car to get warm. 40 yard archery shot as a kid in the evening in the rain. Hell of a story. Hats off to her. Hats off to her dad for teaching her to shoot. And it was not a canned hunt but fair chase on a 15500 acre WMA.

Reactions: Downtown
Read the story. They worked their asses off hunting the buck. She was all by herself in the rain and cold and made the shot while her dad went to the car to get warm. 40 yard archery shot as a kid in the evening in the rain. Hell of a story. Hats off to her. Hats off to her dad for teaching her to shoot. And it was not a canned hunt but fair chase on a 15500 acre WMA.

All very true and hats off as well. She will cherish that moment as one of the defining moments in her life. All thanks to Dad. A fair hunt indeed, 15500 acres is ~24 square miles. Not even the government will high fence that either.

A small correction, it wasn't an archery shot. She used a Savage bolt in 350 Legend. I made the same mistake and thought the same when I first read the article because of a link to another record shoot with a bow in the middle of the article.

Last edited:
Great for her and great father to let her take the shot. But the problem I see now is, it'll be really tough for her to look forward to more hunts in the future cuz she probably won't top that. I always like to look for bigger and better.
Not sure about that. Topping one is not why we do this. A long while back my brother and I caught an 806 pound blue marlin - a club record. I've never stopped fishing because of that, and it beats the hell out of sitting in the office.

How could you recognize a cunt, we know you have never seen one in person? As bad as you fucking spell, you should called it a "Pussy-doctor".
Gynecologists and gynaecologists are both English terms. Gynecologists is predominantly used in American (US) English ( en-US ) while gynaecologists is predominantly used in British English (used in UK/AU/NZ) ( en-GB ).

You're not having a very special day, are you? Here is hoping tomorrow treats you better.

Last edited:
How could you recognize a cunt, we know you have never seen one in person? As bad as you fucking spell, you should called it a "Pussy-doctor".
Bro....yer not yersef....here, have a snickers.

• Haha
Reactions: JR_77
Okay. Enough, already. We get it. You're a tough guy, not afraid to shit on a 14 year old girl and her father's ability to give her a great time. Do you constantly have to beat the dead horse about what tough guy you are for shitting on a girl?

I mean, personally, I am not impressed but man, can it just be given a rest? I realize I am asking too much but I had to ask as a due diligence sort of thing.

Nice... You came in to a nice family thread and crapped all over it. You can't help yourself, i get it now. So I just went to your avatar and clicked on ignore. I wont see any of your posts ever again. Keep it up and soon everyone will do the same.

Have a nice life....

Not sure about that. Topping one is not why we do this. A long while back my brother and I caught an 806 pound blue marlin - a club record. I've never stopped fishing because of that, and it beats the hell out of sitting in the office.

I didn't say topping one is the sole reason why we do this. But do you not want to get bigger and better?

I've been hunting since I was just a little kid. In the past years I've been highly selective of what I shoot. I let many more deer walk now that would make many other hunters probably want to take a shot. Those deer always leave me wanting to see them again next season because they just don't scratch my itch just yet.