• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

High Schooler Tags Enormous East-Texas Buck That Should Set a New State Record

Good for her and her dad.

Canned hunt? I think not. Parenting done right? I think so!

Young lady will remember this as her experience of the rest of her life and hopefully pass on to her kids and grandkids the family skills and traditions!

If it was “just another of dads deer” it would not be the same.

This isn’t “canning a hunt” it is giving to your kid something you could have kept for yourself. To me, that’s the epitome of what a dad should be.

Just my two percent of a dollar… YMMV… read small print blah blah blah

Sirhr

I didn't say topping one is the sole reason why we do this. But do you not want to get bigger and better?

I've been hunting since I was just a little kid. In the past years I've been highly selective of what I shoot. I let many more deer walk now that would make many other hunters probably want to take a shot. Those deer always leave me wanting to see them again next season because they just don't scratch my itch just yet.
No doubt! I do realize that the odds are slim. Went after blue marlin for 30-years before all the stars aligned on that one. We (it's a team sport) fought a number of them that size before that but something always went south - mostly equipment failures, boat handling mistakes, rough weather and combinations thereof.

I actually think that once you get one you double down on getting another bigger one!

Those days are over for me now though. Too old to sit on a fighting chair in the blazing sun doing leg lifts for maybe hours with 46 pounds of drag on the rod!

Reactions: stello1001