• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

High Turret Closed ring

k_ja

Private
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2022
u.k
u.k based , could anyone advise on whom makes the most accurate examples of the High Turret closed ring mount's as close to exact as poss' , for I purchased in error a pair of Split mount's from Accumounts (not sure it's correct spelling).
Unfortunately I am needing to build although not myself personally and suffice to say as I understand the scope x4 which I have needs to be disassembled in order to fit the Scope into closed ring alas I am both wary if there is the possibility of said scope being damaged and also if anyone could recommend a well knowledgeable individual to do the work as I have used Norman Clark once before in relation to a short side rail which I felt pleased with however as that was some twenty years (approx) ago I am just asking if there are other's well versed in the sharpshooter examples of the iconic K98k.
Lastly, the K98k for the work is a miss-matched Mauser (byf44) hence I would require all matching to exact specifications inc' scope,mount's etc and finally I should add this is to remain within my collection and never to be sold on as anything other than it is , a superb K98k that has been reworked to resemble a period piece , therefore as a collector over 4 decades exact is my personal requirement.

Not in UK, but this UK-based gunsmith seems to do nice replicas.

Taking apart the scope to use those closed rings probably involves a lot of skill and some risks as well. Good luck.

Reactions: schmud0811
Not in UK, but this UK-based gunsmith seems to do nice replicas.

Taking apart the scope to use those closed rings probably involves a lot of skill and some risks as well. Good luck.
Random Guy, I appreciate very much your Link , thank you. And yes I understand taking apart this old scope has its risks hence why I again appreciate your link as even in expert hand's I am aware there are still risks however with an expert it eases my angst far more than if I was to attempt myself.