• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Higher end 5-25 scope

Foxtrot2November

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
May 2, 2018
Iowa
so im kicking around a mk5, t5xi/m5xi or atacr. I'm torn between them all. I know the order of price is t5xi,mk5,m5xi then actar. I'm finally looking hard to get a very good 5-25 scope. anyone have experience with all 4?

Aforementioned Leupold, kahles, steiner (military line only; the “T” series are budget and look/feel like it), Minox, TT, ZComp (5-27) or SB (5-25, 3-27).

I would suggest trying to get behind a few of these before buying, perhaps at a local match or shooting range. Glass is subjective and you may like one or two more than the others but any/all of the above are alpha. Also consider what reticle designs you prefer relative to what’s available...

Either way, you won’t be disappointed.

Reactions: HiDesertELR
OP, your order looks to be about right with regards to the overall package as well.

In the scope world, for the most part you pretty much get way you pay for. As you move beyond $2k you hit a big diminishing returns slope. The increases in optical quality, tracking an features become marginal.

The Vortex Razor and more recently the Sig Tango6 are a rarity in that they provide more than their cost. They have no real peers in their price range.

Having said that, there is a real tangible difference between the Steiner Tactical and NF ATACR without a doubt.

so im kicking around a mk5, t5xi/m5xi or atacr. I'm torn between them all. I know the order of price is t5xi,mk5,m5xi then actar. I'm finally looking hard to get a very good 5-25 scope. anyone have experience with all 4?

Consider Kahles as well if budget allows. The K525i is killer and the SKMR3 reticle is clean

... I would suggest trying to get behind a few of these before buying, perhaps at a local match or shooting range. Glass is subjective and you may like one or two more than the others but any/all of the above are alpha. Also consider what reticle designs you prefer relative to what’s available...
This^^^^ 1000%.

I'm looking too, and thought I had to have an ATACR. No matter what Nightforce I look through, they don't agree with my eyes.

This^^^^ 1000%.

I'm looking too, and thought I had to have an ATACR. No matter what Nightforce I look through, they don't agree with my eyes.

that’s a very good point. I went to a store that carried lots of high end scopes and found the best for my eye. I found the Mk5 and Kahles better to my eye than the ATACR.