• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hiking poles become shooting sticks with "Quick stiX"

Eric B.

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 6, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Once in a while somebody invents something really brilliant for hunters.
Recently I bought Quick stiX high impact plastic discs to quickly convert hiking poles into shooting sticks.

The two discs clamp and bolt around the hiking pole shafts just below the handles. They mate and with one twist VOILE', you have rigid X'd shooting sticks for around $45. Light and versatile B/C moose hiking poles have quick-adjust lengths so you can use the X'd poles on uneven terrain.

Dince I always use my hiking poles in conjunction with a Kifaru "Gun Bearer" rifle holder (another brilliant invention) for backpack hunting or day hunting with a daypack full of calling gear and the 10 Essentials. I wanted a solid shooting sticks rest and now I have it for very little additional weight.

Eric B.

Looks good.

I like it.

In the process of making a “V” rest for the top of my handle for the shots its needed.

May have to check this out vs making one.

I take all the stop screws out and throw them away. I want the max range of adjustment. Too bad they didn't make them about the size of Leupold dual dovetails instead of the fat, bulky bastids they are.....

These look interesting. I still rifle hunt with a set of old stoney point aluminum shooting sticks. If I used two trekking poles I would consider it. Looks like a quick and easy solution for someone who uses two trekking poles.

You can make shooting sticks out of dowels, tomato stakes or small tent poles with hog castration rings if you are a cheap bastard like me.

Apologies for the slight threadromancy, but just wanted to keep this all in one place ...

Anyone else using these?

Anyone see an application for field matches, or only hunting?

You can make shooting sticks out of dowels, tomato stakes or small tent poles with hog castration rings if you are a cheap bastard like me.
#metoo
Garden stakes, bolted together with hockey tape on top for grip. Walking, sitting, kneeling, standing. They work. Took a doe at 540yards while kneeling in a snow bank.
731CA4F4-2017-4D65-82EC-41DC91138212.jpeg

If you have trekking poles already, the hand straps do the same thing. Just loop them over the opposite pole handle. Save the $40 for ammo.

Reactions: Schütze