• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Hillbilly Elegy

softcock

novice judgmental prick
Minuteman
  • Mar 24, 2006
    Oregon
    Hillbilly Elegy, on Netflix right now, and is a Ron Howard directed film. Adapted from the book of the same name by ( JD Vance ) 2016

( My Opinion ) .. It has to be the most solid quality done piece of work that I seen so far in 2020 .
    but.. the online revues are pretty deceiving, and the majority of all that is being pumped out online for review of the film seems to be almost a smear campaign against.

Mr Howard is on my no watch list. He's just another Left Wing Hack as far as I'm concerned.
    -
    So with you, Ron Howard is pretty much fucked either way he goes ?
    He is blacklisted by you for working and surviving in the liberal Hollywood format. But when Howard breaks ground going against the grain with a film that is adapted from a hugely popular book. Howard keeps to the book and presses the underlying driving theme that family supports and hold together no matter how bad or damaged a member of the family it gets, the importance of sticking together threw economic hardships, abuse, and there are key women in a mans life that do shape him. Family is all that matters.

Quote:
    ... " the one takeaway is that you as an individual that have made many many missteps that you regret deeply. But it is never to late to make that decision, that choice, that gesture, that leadership. That can help refine, reshape, define the future of someone you care about ".
    : Ron Howard.

The one really bad thing about this movie is that Glenn Close will probably be denied a performance Oscar because of the usual Hollywood political pettiness .

Reactions: 1911hombre
    Opey is making movies. That makes me laugh😄😄
    He directed his first full length motion picture in 1977...so yeah, he's been at it a while now.

In fact, he directed that movie the year after he starred in "The Shootist" with John Wayne.

He has come out against President Trump, threatened to never work in Georgia because of an Abortion bill, yet he's never had a rough day in his life. Being a Hollywood star from the age of 5, he's never had to deal with issues the general public has. He can batter my president but I don't have to support him. It pains me, because he puts out some good movies. But I will never support him after 2016.

Reactions: Ruger1300
    He has come out against President Trump, threatened to never work in Georgia because of an Abortion bill, yet he's never had a rough day in his life. Being a Hollywood star from the age of 5, he's never had to deal with issues the general public has. He can batter my president but I don't have to support him. It pains me, because he puts out some good movies. But I will never support him after 2016.
    But I still think his daughter Bryce is kinda hot, even with the weight gain... AND she is one of the group of Mandalorian directors/writers... So he has some definite pluses in his column.

• Haha
    Reactions: Sandhog308
    The book was really good.

Kurt Russell in a recent interview said that actors having outspoken political views has severely damaged the craft. Hard to separate the art from the artist sometimes.

Reactions: Ruger1300
    I really enjoy grit lit fiction and liked the book but most things netflix touches becomes to political and way to pc for my taste.

your post is worthless w/o pics
    1606783061614.png
    1606783196047.png
    ...and with a little more meat on her...
    1606783463938.png

All of Hollywood can kick rocks... We keep funding the institutions that are systematically altering our culture for the worse, then we scratch our heads and wonder why so many people vote for politicians that undermine our way of life. Huxley was right - Our downfall will be succumbing to meaningless distractions.

Read the book and liked it. I live near where he grew up. I'll have to check out the flick soon

I didnt like the movie, was very little about my culture, It very easily could have been about a little Eskimo boy raised by a drug addict single mommy slut. Hillbilly had nothing to do with it.