• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hillbilly run and gun dropout, learning to shoot .22 rifles competitively

ppcgm

Private
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2021
United States
Started out shooting silhouettes, before there was IHMSA. Enjoyed bullseye/precision, steel (challenge), USPSA and IDPA, even SASS (cowboy) along the way from the mid 70's until now, now being two years after a pinched nerve in the lower spine put an end to run and gun and made me look around for something a geezer could still learn and have fun at. So now it's bench rest and 200 yard .22 silhouette matches. Luckily I live less than half an hour from Kettlefoot and a couple of other ranges so can shoot two or three matches a week while I'm learning these totally new games. The one thing that all the relatively new .22 competition shooters agree on is that these little rifles can be frustrating beyond belief and that there is something new to learn every week. So, treat me like I know nothing and need to learn everything. You won't be far off.