• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

His Last Act Of Kindness

Slapchop

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 1, 2009
New York
<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-size: 14pt">Officer Jeremy Henwood's Final Act of Kindness</span></span>

<span style="font-size: 8pt">
By Lindsay Hood and Joseph MD Young
| Tuesday, Aug 16, 2011 | Updated 7:17 PM PDT

Source: Slain Officer's Final Act of Kindness | NBC San Diego</span>

Just moments before he was fatally wounded in an unprovoked attack, a San Diego police officer performed one last act of kindness; he bought a child food while buying his own dinner.

Jeremy Henwood, 36, stopped at the McDonald's in the 3800-block of Fairmount Avenue at 5:24 p.m. on Aug. 6. Surveillance video released Tuesday shows Henwood speaking with the boy and getting their food shortly before leaving the store at 5:27 p.m.

Shortly after 5:30 p.m., Henwood was shot while sitting inside his patrol car at the corner of University Avenue and 45th Street. Henwood had only made it six blocks from the McDonalds; it would be the last place he was seen alive.

Witnesses said a man pulled up on this side of Henwood’s vehicle and shot him with a shotgun in what officials say was an unprovoked attack.

Henwood passed away at Scripps Mercy Hospital at 1:42 a.m. on Aug. 7.

Henwood, who served with SDPD for four years, was assigned to the Mid-City Division. <span style="font-weight: bold">He was also a Captain in the United States Marine Corps Reserves and had recently returned from deployment.</span> During a memorial service in Point Loma on Aug. 12, Henwood was promoted to the rank of major.

The suspect in Henwood’s shooting, whom police have identified as Dejon Marquee White, 23, was killed by police after a standoff outside a City Heights apartment building almost an hour after Henwood was shot.

Video

Senseless and tragic. May you rest in peace PO/Capt Henwood.

Re: His Last Act Of Kindness

The dirtbag pulled out a shotgun and shot a guy at the In-n-out I go to for lunch once or so a week. That guy is going to make it but from what I understand talking to a couple local PD he will not have much of a face left.
http://www.cbs8.com/story/15235771/murderous-spree-began-at-el-cajon-in-n-out-burger
They transported the Officer to Scripps Hospital and if you ever get hurt in San Diego you want to go there. But couldn't revive him.

Just today we had another felon that slashed the face of a policewoman and a couple of good Samaritan's that jumped in to help. Gettin' a little crazy around here when a cop is more at risk than a combat zone he just came back from.

Such brazen, destructive behavior. It reminds me of the opening scenes of Robocop. I hope it comes about that both the LE agencies and the responsible citizens reach out and actively partner to counter this rising tide of feral criminality where destruction is the aim rather than easy profits.

Shit has got to stop!

My prayers to the families of the two officers.

That happened about 3 miles from me. The guy was an electrician who lost his job at the nuke power plant in San Onofre power station. That is a hell of a drive. I was listening to it over the scanner. Haven't heard if they caught him yet or if he died in the fire he set.

What the hell is wrong with those people. It's sad that our society is slowly going down the toilet. Then again, there's nothing slow about the decline in good citizens.

Sad day. Keep his family in your thoughts. Its hard enough to lose a good man but a good person and a officer/soldier is even more tragic.

had my thread locked on the terrorist cell that was just busted in El Cajon also. 60 people arrested with IED's, hand grenades, explosives, all kinds of stuff. They were getting it through the Sinaloa drug cartels but the thread got locked because it somehow got turned into an argument over the crusades.
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2739996#Post2739996
Lot of "stuff" happening in my little corner of the world.
http://www.eastcountymagazine.org/node/7012