• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

History Channel - Sniper

Anthony C

Private
Minuteman
Sep 15, 2008
New York
I was watching the history chanel i believe it was One Shot One Kill or Sniper. I am sure others have seen the same one. My question is this: There were a few scenes with what appeared to be a Winch Mod 70 (no surprise) but the scope on too was a vintage looking unertl with the external adjustments. Similar to the one on the snipers rifle in Saving Private Ryan. Were there unertl style scopes used in the Vietnam war? Or was this just artistic license by the producers. I will admitt the rifle looked great with this long vintage looking scope mounted partially on the action and partially on the barrel.

Anthony C

Re: History Channel - Sniper

I worked on that show. The scope was a USMC marked 8X Unertl. The Model 70 was bought from Hathcocks wife when he passed away.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Emilio</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I worked on that show. The scope was a USMC marked 8X Unertl. The Model 70 was bought from Hathcocks wife when he passed away. </div></div>

Well you did good, I thought it was a great show...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JML403</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Emilio</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I worked on that show. The scope was a USMC marked 8X Unertl. The Model 70 was bought from Hathcocks wife when he passed away. </div></div>

Well you did good, I thought it was a great show...</div></div>

Agreed. It is run several times a year and i NEVER get tired of watching it.

Anthony C

It is run several times a year and i NEVER get tired of watching it.

That's funny, I frequently find myself watching shows like that 2 and even three times and think to myself "there must be something wrong with me, I've already seen this, but still, I enjoy watching it again".
myerfire

I have it stored on my computer as well as the several other "Sniper" episodes they did. I put it up on my secondary display when I am just goofing off on the computer. It's nice background noise.

I worked on the Marine and the British/Russian episode. I see them a few times but the one I would love to see more is the LEO episode. I guess the higher ups in the History channel don't think its "cool" enough.