• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors hk compact 45

Re: hk compact 45

I have a USP 45 compact and I enjoyed shooting it. A little bulky for a ccw, but reasonably accurate.

Are you asking about the HK45 or the USPc?

I had a USPc (actually two-one 9mm and one 45) and after I got over the "wow, I have an HK" factor I realized it really didn't have anything over a Commander size 1911. They are now on my list of guns I've had to have but wasn't all that impressed with once I had 'em.

i'm looking forward to shooting my HK USP Tactical (Full-Size) when it gets a little warmer. it is a beast in size but the compacts are significantly smaller and more ideal. i was going for a poor mans Mark 23 and am getting a .45acp suppressor for it.

i really liked the interchangable grips on the HK45 but couldn't get over the "Mark 23" tacticoolness.

I own one and I'm actually going to be selling it as I've transitioned to the dark side - Glock 19s... LOL

As for what they have over commander-sized 1911's? They RUN and are very reliable. If I wanted to carry cocked & locked, I'd use the USP45c.

Hope this helps,
Mike

I posted original thread. I did not have a auto pistol in my collection(just revolvers) so I was attempting to win a compact nib on broker from a private seller locally. To sum that up I hate auctions! Its always in favor of the seller and there bs.
I ended up spending 2-3 hours in a local arms dealer debating over what model to get. I did not like the feel of the compact vs the hk45. Ofcourse the usp was in the middle. but I was trying to stay within a 800 dollar budget. My decision was determined actually several years ago shooting with some friends. Reflecting back I was the most satisfied shooting a usp 40..And at the time I had several models and makes to try out. Imagine 10 rookie cops on a hunting trip.
I took it out today(usp 40) and shot a couple of clips. Not too bad. Then I made the mistake of taking and firing this old smith and wesson model 19 357 I acquired.. Now I understand the great interest in these fine pieces of work. It was so smooth and accurate. Just chalk it up as needin a good fix! Now what were you saying about that 1911!! ah only in America

I had two HK 45Cs and liked them very much. They are accurate, soft shooting, dead reliable...

As much as I liked them, I traded them away for two more 1911s. I was looking to keep them in an EDC rotation and they were just too wide for me to use after getting use to the thin profile of the 1911. Depending on what you want to use it for, the 45C or USPC might be a great gun for you.

Here's one of my old ones:
Nates45c003.jpg

i bought the HK45 and HK45c off another site member awhile back, took em out the day i got em and put 500 rnds thru each one for good measure, the compact lacks a little accuracy and isnt a very good feeling gun compared even to the USP compacts. However the fullsize HK45 is an awesome shooting gun and ive put another 2k rnds thru it without any hickups from the gun.

So imo the USP Compact would be a better choice than the new 45C, but the 45 fullsize is a keeper