• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors HK Mark 23 and KAC Suppressor Accident

krecon1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 16, 2003
Abq, NM
Short video that shows what happens when a suppressor isn't properly secured before shooting. Back story is the barrel's threads had a burr and while the suppressor felt it was fully engaged and secure it was actually binding against the burr. No damage to either unit - once the burr was taken care of the everything was checked, reattached, and was good to go.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3DV0966NHEE"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3DV0966NHEE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Re: HK Mark 23 and KAC Suppressor Accident

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: o0synge0o</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"This is a private video. If you have been sent this video, please make sure you accept the sender's friend request." </div></div>

Sorry about that - fixed.

Then there were those pesky threads as the can tore across whatever threading WAS done prior to launch.

Think about it......

hmm..... hahahahahahahahaha that was amazing.....

i have a uspt and an aac evo45 i never use a thread protector and have no burr's or any thing to impair my suppressor from mounting, not only that but when the aac threads onto the barrel it has an o-ring that "locks" the suppressor into place, it mainly just keeps it from unthreading during shooting.

once I feel it "lock" i unlock it and then relock it just to be sure.

that video is funny hahaha

i think this guy was in a hurry to play gi-joe for the camera

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hmm..... hahahahahahahahaha that was amazing.....

i have a uspt and an aac evo45 i never use a thread protector and have no burr's or any thing to impair my suppressor from mounting, not only that but when the aac threads onto the barrel it has an o-ring that "locks" the suppressor into place, it mainly just keeps it from unthreading during shooting.

once I feel it "lock" i unlock it and then relock it just to be sure.

that video is funny hahaha

i think this guy was in a hurry to play gi-joe for the camera </div></div>

This was an HK demo unit with lots of use - and well worn threads that were a little messed up. The can threaded on, locked up, and was aligned. I had every indication that it was secure. And for th gi-joe outfit...this was at the end of a two week course, didn't think a pair of bdu pants and a fruit of the loom t-shirt were gi-joeish.

The t-shirt gave you away GI Joe
laugh.gif

Glad nothing serious happend. Could've been worse. But the Brick is a sturdy handgun, good to see it can take a beating and still shoot as usual.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SurgeonPredator</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The t-shirt gave you away GI Joe
laugh.gif

Glad nothing serious happend. Could've been worse. But the Brick is a sturdy handgun, good to see it can take a beating and still shoot as usual. </div></div>

lol ya it was the shirt for sure...... was a silly joke... and it was an hk thats pretty typical of them to take a beating and keep on ticking

i have been seriously thinking of selling my uspt for the socom