• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

HK MR-556 accuracy claim. Any truth to this?

JelloStorm

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2010
Northeast Pennsylvania
Posted over at HKPro:

I thought the same thing.... But I am telling you.
From bench rest I got teh tightest groups with Hornady Varmint 55 gr polymer tip.
Even better than the Match 75 gr from Hornady.
It goes against everything that one would think but it just happens to be the case.
1/8" to 1/4" clover leafs at 100 yrds.
All other ommo was aroun 1"-2 " groups.

My response was:

1/8 to 1/4 moa from a 16" (guessing) barreled semi-auto? Not trying to call you out on it but I'd have to see that. Georgia Precision (GAP) rifles come from the factory with at best 3/8 moa guaranteed. That's a hand-built bolt action rifle...

If HK produces that superb of a weapon, then Knights Armament shouldn't have a contract with the .mil for the SASS since the 308 417 / equivalent could dance around it.

Re: HK MR-556 accuracy claim. Any truth to this?

how many times did Hornady Varmint 55 gr polymer tip post the best group?

i'd have to see more numbers and the actual groups before i'd call this accurate or reliable intel

Never heard of Georgia Precision!? I have an MR 556 with an Aimpoint T1 on it. It shoots reasonable groups given the 4 MOA dot, but I have doubts it's anything better than a .5 or maybe even .75 MOA gun.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JelloStorm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My response was:

1/8 to 1/4 moa from a 16" (guessing) barreled semi-auto? Not trying to call you out on it but I'd have to see that. <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">Georgia Precision (GAP)</span></span></span> rifles come from the factory with at best 3/8 moa guaranteed. That's a hand-built bolt action rifle...

If HK produces that superb of a weapon, then Knights Armament shouldn't have a contract with the .mil for the SASS since the 308 417 / equivalent could dance around it. </div></div>

AAARRRGGGHHHH!!! BLASPHEMY!!!! First, GA Precision has ZERO to do with Georgia. It isn't located in Georgia, it doesn't stand for Georgia...I would imagine that the only thing that George and company have to do with Georgia is occassionally sending rifles there.

Second...on the MR556 claims...BULLS#!T (unless we are talking about 1-round groups, or "one time I got it to put 3 boolits into the same hole, but normally its a 2MOA rifle, etc.). In my experience (not my rifle), with a 1-4x optic, they are 1.5MOA rifles with match ammo and 2MOA or greater with mil surplus quality 55gr ball. If you look through some of that idiot's other posts, he clearly has ZERO idea what MOA (much less 1/8 MOA) actually means. For example, later down that same page, he also says: "I can hit a quarter 8 out of 10 times and consistantly a half dollar at 100yrd. With a Led sled of course." Well...isn't that special!!! Since a half-dollar is over an inch in diamter, that doesn't mean much. Also, a quarter is just under an inch in diameter (roughly) so if he's only hitting it "8 out of 10 times" then he sure as sh!t isn't shooting 1/8 or even 1/4MOA. Hell, he used one of his MR556 targets as his avatar on HKPro which CLEARLY shows his groups (I would argue he used his "best" groups for the pic) are over 1MOA AND THEY ARE ONLY 3-round groups.

Here is the thread for anyone wanting to waste 5min of their lives they'll never get back.

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk416-hk417-hq/144044-mr556-accuracy-disappointment.html

GAPs accuracy guarantee does not make this any more or less likely to be true. I believe it, but he did not make a bold claim, so it does not require much evidence for me to believe it.

If he said 5x5 groups, I would be amazed and want to see proof.

First, why would it go against what is expected for a Varmint bullet to outshoot a long range bullet? For 100 round groups, I expect better groups from a 55.

It would not surprise me if he could shoot a few 3 shot groups that small.

Damn, I always thought they were Georgia Precision.

Fixed my post!
laugh.gif

What's funny is I always Googled "Georgia Precision" and they are listed #1 so...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Second...on the MR556 claims...BULLS#!T (unless we are talking about 1-round groups, or "one time I got it to put 3 boolits into the same hole, but normally its a 2MOA rifle, etc.). In my experience (not my rifle), with a 1-4x optic, they are 1.5MOA rifles with match ammo and 2MOA or greater with mil surplus quality 55gr ball. If you look through some of that idiot's other posts, he clearly has ZERO idea what MOA (much less 1/8 MOA) actually means. For example, later down that same page, he also says: "I can hit a quarter 8 out of 10 times and consistantly a half dollar at 100yrd. With a Led sled of course." Well...isn't that special!!! Since a half-dollar is over an inch in diamter, that doesn't mean much. Also, a quarter is just under an inch in diameter (roughly) so if he's only hitting it "8 out of 10 times" then he sure as sh!t isn't shooting 1/8 or even 1/4MOA. Hell, he used one of his MR556 targets as his avatar on HKPro which CLEARLY shows his groups (I would argue he used his "best" groups for the pic) are over 1MOA AND THEY ARE ONLY 3-round groups.

Here is the thread for anyone wanting to waste 5min of their lives they'll never get back.

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk416-hk417-hq/144044-mr556-accuracy-disappointment.html </div></div>

Not surprising, here is the copy and paste from a PM from his Idaho shootin' buddy:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: amstaffHK</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pointblank4445</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: amstaffHK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Go f*ck a goat. And if you want we change exchange pictures and see who will kick whos ass and if thats not enough we can meet up. Go play Hitman you f*ckin softy.</div></div>

Spoken like a man who can't spot a GI Joe or a real soldier.</div></div>

Yeah well I've had enough of your bullshit on this forum and as far as I'm concerned you're opinion doesn't mean **** but yet you act like you're speaking god's word. I think you're mommy and daddy forgot to spank someone when they were a younger boy than they're are now.. such a shame.

Just So you know who to look for, and if there's noting to worry about don't be afraid to shoot one back:

267694_252799061403140_100000191445909_1226936_5174175_n.jpg
</div></div>