• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

HK MR556 and MR 762

dtheman

Private
Minuteman
Nov 21, 2008
You have probably all heard about it so far, but if not and your an Hk fan look into it. They've got a few mock guns coming in for SHOT and are aiming for Q4 2009. Both are pictured with 10 rounders, but the 556 will take 10 20 30 round mags. 762 will take the propriety 10 20 round mags from the 417. Magpul EMAGs will fit the 556 as will most other AR mags. Pins are moved, a problem for some and not for others. Guns will be US made with German Cold Hammer Forged Barrels, they probably have a machine here.

Re: HK MR556 and MR 762

I think to much was gimped from the HK 416 to make me want to purchase the MR556. To be honest i'm still severely pissed that H&K basically said #@$!* You to the American civilian market after its first release. IF they re-release the 416 I would buy it, but not this version.

Look over at HKPRO.com, they are on the front page.

Re-release what? It never was released.

It was for a very short time and HK pulled it. Someone was selling an upper not to long ago on this forum for $3,500+. http://hk-usa.com/rifles_mr556_general.html Link and specs

"To comply with German government regulations, certain design changes were made in the rifles to make them adaptable to the American commercial sporting market." This scares me.

Blech!

I was excited about this four years ago but not today. I'm really not interested in an AR-15 upper that isn't compatible with AR-15s.

The piston driven AR has come a long way since HK introduced it's HKM4/HK416. I don't expect to be buying a non-spec HK for the same reason I'd rather have an LMT or Noveske over the Colts with their non-spec FCG pins.

Originally called the HKM4. Released uppers in 2004 with/out restriction. Soon with the lawsuit by colt and for what ever reasons stopped the availability of the HKm4(416).

I'm sorry if I'm mistaken, but I've never heard of that before. I've only heard of the post dealer sample uppers being sold.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Starvin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Blech!

I was excited about this four years ago but not today. I'm really not interested in an AR-15 upper that isn't compatible with AR-15s.

The piston driven AR has come a long way since HK introduced it's HKM4/HK416. I don't expect to be buying a non-spec HK for the same reason I'd rather have an LMT or Noveske over the Colts with their non-spec FCG pins. </div></div>

Really, I'd love to hear what groundbreaking innovations have been made to the piston driven AR since the 416 was introduced.

And I'm not sure what's hard to understand about it. Same damn rifle, different pin location, which yes does suck a little bit.

We'll see what the price is in a year when they are available.

You know what, I could care less. I got mine.

Have fun bickering about a rifle most of you probably have never touched, let alone shot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: YourMotherTrebek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Really, I'd love to hear what groundbreaking innovations have been made to the piston driven AR since the 416 was introduced.
</div></div>

No groundbreaking innovations, just a lot more options. HK had the market all to themselves then squandered it. Now the demand from customers is being met by other companies and HK is going to have to compete with them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Starvin</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: YourMotherTrebek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

No groundbreaking innovations, just a lot more options. HK had the market all to themselves then squandered it. Now the demand from customers is being met by other companies and HK is going to have to compete with them.</div></div> Hopefully this means the price isn't so HK like.

Lawsuit by Colt had nothing to do with civy sales. This was an HKDef item. Frome the begining it was Mill/LE only. No civy sales. That may have changed now but the 416 was never released to the public before.

I own a shorty 416 upper and it has been great. I find the proprietary pin placement issue disappointing, but the guns should run very well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shane45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lawsuit by Colt had nothing to do with civy sales. This was an HKDef item. Frome the begining it was Mill/LE only. No civy sales. That may have changed now but the 416 was never released to the public before. </div></div>Like I said the uppers were.

TheTrauma, I believe you are incorrect. Not even uppers were released for civilian sales. They couldnt be released. HK Def does not sell to civy retailers. Also there was the issue of the barrel and HK's interpretation of the law on that. Also there was HK's hopes and dreams of Uncle suger contract at the time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shane45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">TheTrauma, I believe you are incorrect. Not even uppers were released for civilian sales. They couldnt be released. HK Def does not sell to civy retailers. Also there was the issue of the barrel and HK's interpretation of the law on that. Also there was HK's hopes and dreams of Uncle suger contract at the time. </div></div>
The 10.5" 416 uppers (minus ones out there taken off complete Dealer sample rifles to part out) that are out there originate from one group buy that was <span style="text-decoration: underline">legally</span> purchased. as soon as HK Def found out that it was in the hands of civilians they flipped out and released a letter to all they knew who had them stating that it was for military on LE use only and that they need to return then to HK. These uppers are <span style="text-decoration: underline">legal</span> to own, H&K just wanted them back to get them out of the civie market. The HK416 was never sold to civilians in US, only LE, Military, and class III dealers as samples.

I can't wait to get my hands on one, and I will as soon as they become available! I couldn't care less if they aren't mil spec, the couple of bushmasters I have work fine for that or really any brand out there. From my experience with HK products, if they design it that way it works and works well- period. I think HK is serious about being a major player here in the US and realize the buying potential of the US civilian market, or else they wouldn't have set up shop here...

have seen and shoot a german MR223 and this verion will not fit any other mag as the HK,no magpul,no lancer or other AR mag will fit
they have also other position of the take down pins,so no milspec AR lower will fit
so take a clear look before you buy
23491964a5f702d53b24.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Starvin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Blech!

The piston driven AR has come a long way since HK introduced it's HKM4/HK416. I don't expect to be buying a non-spec HK for the same reason I'd rather have an LMT or Noveske over the Colts with their non-spec FCG pins. </div></div>

Colts now have standard FCG pins.

When it comes to the new HK "AR"s I really don't see the point. They are going to be overpriced and not compatible with standard ARs. Piston guns are a solution looking for a problem anyway, I give this fad a few more years at best.

I don't think Piston Guns are "a fad" in search of a question. They offer some advantages that may or may not apply to some - or most. They have their pros and cons like everyone and everything else on the planet.

That said why would I purchase this over, say, an LWRC, LMT or a Colt 6920 or 6940? I don't doubt that it's been thoroughly engineered but the falling dollar makes Euro goods unaffordable.

I also don't really "fault" HK for not offering the upper here. I just wish the two halves (and HK USA) could have collaborated on the effort and brought Cold Hammer Forging machines and CNC Tooling here to produce it simultaneously. THAT is my "issue" with HK. On THEIR behalf they must carefully weigh our political situation carefully as one piece of legislation could derail a multi-million dollar facility.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Falar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Colts now have standard FCG pins.</div></div>

Yea, my post was before they changed back (this is an old thread that just got revived). Colt is off my crap list and on my "to buy" list.

After my initial enthusiasm wore off I decided to wait and see how these piston guns worked out and it looks like the big issue that's come out of them has been carrier tilt.

I'll be sticking to DI in my ARs but there's plenty of good purpose built piston guns out and on the horizon (looks like the ACR really will be hitting the market soon!)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Starvin</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Falar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Colts now have standard FCG pins.</div></div>

Yea, my post was before they changed back (this is an old thread that just got revived). Colt is off my crap list and on my "to buy" list.

After my initial enthusiasm wore off I decided to wait and see how these piston guns worked out and it looks like the big issue that's come out of them has been carrier tilt.

I'll be sticking to DI in my ARs but there's plenty of good purpose built piston guns out and on the horizon (looks like the ACR really will be hitting the market soon!)
</div></div>

Speaking of the ACR, that sure has taken a long time to finally come to fruition.

That's because they did some redesigning and chased military contracts. (I do think moving the charging handle and adding a CHF barrel were good ideas).

I won't ding them for it too hard on the delays as long as they come in priced under $2000

The idea of a truly modular rifle system has me pretty excited. Hopefully it lives up to my expectations.

Rumor mill has it that they'll be released for LEO/MIL sales in November and full production next year.

Remington is giving one away as part of the Wounded Warrior raffle at next weeks Silencer Shoot (I bet they're selling a ton of tickets). So it really does look like there is a light at the end of this tunnel.

I really wish now that i had found this forum awhile ago lol. I keep seeing hk416 uppers that were for sale and i wish I would of seen them awhile back. A good friend of mine has a few he is selling for like 4500, but I am hoping to find them cheaper. If anyone knows where I can get them cheaper then that please let me know.

its like this..... if you want a pistol hk will make one for you the civilian, if you want a rifle hk doesnt give to f*cks about you and iam a die hard hk fan as you all know with me building the msg90, the only gun i have that isnt an hk is the walther p22 and soon a gsg5... its sad hk will not tap into the civilian market out side of pistols their is most likely double or triple the profit their vs military and le do you know how many people would have bought the 416/17 or taped into the sl8 or usc if they just had more looks then their ump g36 counter parts, the 9x series was out befor my time but iam sure they where a fav among sporting civilians.

oh well f*ck em that msg90 was my last hk build and buy ( although i do want an hk45 and to sell my usp tactical )

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dr.Phil</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I really wish now that i had found this forum awhile ago lol. I keep seeing hk416 uppers that were for sale and i wish I would of seen them awhile back. A good friend of mine has a few he is selling for like 4500, but I am hoping to find them cheaper. If anyone knows where I can get them cheaper then that please let me know. </div></div>Just wait a few months and buy an entire MR556 for under 3000.

i dunno, they built a whole new facility for us civvies so id say they are starting to care. and as far as finding a 416 upper you can find them for 3-3500 now on sturmgewehr or hkpro.com. and you can place an order now for 2500 for your very own mr556 as well.

Whats the word on the MR 556 after SHOT? Figure the 762 is still in the Why the hell did we get beat by the LMT drawing board.

and why is this old thread in the bolt guns thread?