• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

HK SL-7 ?

dbateman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 6, 2010
Mt Isa QLD, Australia
so I seen a Heckler-Koch SL-7 in a museum over here in australia.
it looked like a pretty nice rifle have any of you guys had any experience with
them ??
could not handle it as it was behind glass

so what can you tell me about these guns ?? any one got one or had one ?

thanks .D

Re: HK SL-7 ?

They are/were (depending on your locale) excellent rifles. HK has ceased importing them to the US as of many, MANY years ago (I can't recall if they are still available in Europe/elsewhere), but they make excellent hunting/sporting rifles.

The internals are HK91/G3 through and through. Delayed roller lock action, etc. They had polygonal barrels as well which led to excellent barrel life and accuracy. You get the same rugged reliability that you do with the HK91/G3, but in a sporting rifle package with a 3-round mag, wood stock, etc.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dbateman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">so I seen a Heckler-Koch SL-7 in a museum over here in australia.
it looked like a pretty nice rifle have any of you guys had any experience with
them ??
could not handle it as it was behind glass

so what can you tell me about these guns ?? any one got one or had one ?

thanks .D </div></div>

I think they might have stopped making them. I guess the one you saw used to belong to a fellow shooter until the great Australian gun ban!

I remember driving thru Mt. Isa years ago on my way Darwin, I seem to remember we took out a roo on the way. Very thirsty country if you like a tinny or two!

ORD you have come threw with the goods again thanks .

sititunga1 Au is getting worse to, stupid laws dont work any way,
Darwin is my home town (city)

if you only took out a roo it was a good trip, I hit 2 cows the other night at least it
kept me awake

thanks again Dave

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dbateman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ORD you have come threw with the goods again thanks .

sititunga1 Au is getting worse to, stupid laws dont work any way,
Darwin is my home town (city)

if you only took out a roo it was a good trip, I hit 2 cows the other night at least it
kept me awake

thanks again Dave </div></div>

I remember the road trains taking out whole heards of cattle. I worked on a buffalo station as a ringer east of Darwin just past a small town called Humpty Doo - there was a good pub there called the Bark Hut. I miss those Darwin stubbies! I remember my NT rifle permit cost me $2!

wow i have spent a bit of time at the bark hut when i was younger its still a pretty good pub . . . wish it was as easy to get a rifle permit now as it was then
frown.gif

but its not and i cant see it ever being that easy again . . . they are bringing the NT in line with the rest of the country we got speed limits now you can only buy fire works for two days of the year , there making it harder to get guns , legally
it just isn't the same place it use to be

. Dave

This rifle has not been made for many years. Spare magazines for it in both 4 and 10 round versions are hard to find and expensive. If you want to mount a scope on it, a good HK-05 mount will set you back a considerable chunk of change. I would not even consider the cheap B Square mount for it. Internal parts, should they be needed, are also very hard to locate.