• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

HK SP5 Trigger?

427Cobra

Lt. Colonel
Minuteman
  • Nov 24, 2005
    DFW Texas
    Picked up a SP5 today, owning a MP5 is out of my price range, the SBR paperwork will be submitted next week, the trigger sucks, but is still light years better than my CZ Scorpion before the Timney install, what are my options for a decent single stage trigger for this thing.

Bill Springfield triggers are hit or miss...sometimes great, sometimes dangerous. Reviews for his triggers are all over the place.

Timney triggers are having some minor QC issues. Nothing safety related that I've read so far. Seems like they have a failure to reset sometimes. I don't recall why.

Heckfire triggers seem to be getting good reviews.

Or you could get a Lee Sporting trigger housing and run (most) AR triggers.

Caveat: I've never owned or used any of these. My opinions above are solely due to reading reviews.

Reactions: 427Cobra
    The Franklin armory binary trigger for SP5 is a lot of fun. You can find them on HKparts.net. It’s not exactly “match grade” in semi-auto but far superior to the stock HK trigger. And while binary seems pretty much like a gimmick to me in terms of practical application… it’s pretty damn fun on the SP5.

Reactions: 427Cobra
    I just want to add that I have one of the MKE AP5 guns and I don't mind the trigger at all while shooting it. Should be really similar to your SP5 trigger.

HK Parts sells a flat trigger if you wanted to try that.

An HK, PSG1 or SR9T trigger is way more crispy, not sure on interchange though