• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns HK VP9SK IWB holster suggestions

eugevita

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jun 10, 2020
I just picked up this awesome HK VP9SK and plan to carry it concealed. Wanted to ask if anyone had any lightbearing IWB holster suggestions. I plan to carry with a TLR 7 light and RMR. Currently between the black point tactical dual point, trex side car, and tier one concealed iwb with claw. If you have experience carrying the vp9sk with any of these please let me know.

Appreciate yall!
vp9sk.jpg

Reactions: DubfromGA
Excellent carry gun.

I have the same questions.

What did you you wind up going with on the holster ?

Did you stick with the TRL7 ?

Reactions: eugevita
Excellent carry gun.

I have the same questions.

What did you you wind up going with on the holster ?

Did you stick with the TRL7 ?
I did stick with the tlr7 and i got the suppressor height sights from xs which fysa do require fitting.

Was going to with tier 1 but their holster would not accommodate the height of the xs sights so i went with trex arms sidecar. Carried it a couple times thus far and overall i am pleased with it. BL: I recommend it and would buy again.

Attachments

• D9E4706E-78D2-42E4-BE74-0F78417DB1D5.jpeg
    D9E4706E-78D2-42E4-BE74-0F78417DB1D5.jpeg
    731 KB · Views: 64
I did stick with the tlr7 and i got the suppressor height sights from xs which fysa do require fitting.

Was going to with tier 1 but their holster would not accommodate the height of the xs sights so i went with trex arms sidecar. Carried it a couple times thus far and overall i am pleased with it. BL: I recommend it and would buy again.

Looks great.

I'm leaning in the XS direction now, too.

Ordered the HK #2 plate & and another RMR yesterday.

Thanks for the update and insight on the sights & holster.

Adding the light really does whittle down the available holsters.

That T-Rex model appears to be adjustable on ride height. Looks good.

Thanks.

Looks great.

I'm leaning in the XS direction now, too.

Ordered the HK #2 plate & and another RMR yesterday.

Thanks for the update and insight on the sights & holster.

Adding the light really does whittle down the available holsters.

That T-Rex model appears to be adjustable on ride height. Looks good.

Thanks.
Im pleased with it and i think youd like it. Their CS is great and they shipped fast.

Did you see the new VP9SK mags revealed at SHOT? The old 10rd will hold 12 and the old 13 will be 15. Want to get one of the new ones soon when in stock.

This has now become my do it all gun, very pleased with it.

Im pleased with it and i think youd like it. Their CS is great and they shipped fast.

Did you see the new VP9SK mags revealed at SHOT? The old 10rd will hold 12 and the old 13 will be 15. Want to get one of the new ones soon when in stock.

I wasn’t aware of the new capacities of the newer mags.

That sounds great.

I was able to pick up a few 13 & 15 round mags for $22 from the HK website.

Crazy fast shipping, too.

was this optics ready or did you have to get it milled? I think i'm about to grab one and not seeing any ready for red dots and wanted to make sure i'm not missing a different model somewhere.

was this optics ready or did you have to get it milled? I think i'm about to grab one and not seeing any ready for red dots and wanted to make sure i'm not missing a different model somewhere.
It was milled from the factory. Look for a VP9SK OR (Optics Ready). They are out there, just have to look

It was milled from the factory. Look for a VP9SK OR (Optics Ready). They are out there, just have to look
Awesome thanks. Still stuck between that and the FN 509C optics ready. They are about the same price. Probably can't go wrong either way.

Awesome thanks. Still stuck between that and the FN 509C optics ready. They are about the same price. Probably can't go wrong either way.
Ordered my VP9SK-OR from EuroOptic on Thursday morning.

My FFL called earlier today (just 24hrs from time of placing the order) to tell me it had just been delivered.

Insane fast.

Picking it up tomorrow morning.

I just picked up this awesome HK VP9SK and plan to carry it concealed. Wanted to ask if anyone had any lightbearing IWB holster suggestions. I plan to carry with a TLR 7 light and RMR. Currently between the black point tactical dual point, trex side car, and tier one concealed iwb with claw. If you have experience carrying the vp9sk with any of these please let me know.

Appreciate yall!View attachment 7982073

Is that the sealer plate beneath your RMR ?

Sorry for all the questions……I am simply glad to be finding an optimal carry solution.

1911 guy at heart and didn’t see ever getting back to strikers…..but the trigger in these VP9 models is very much to my liking. Capacity is super and they feel great in hand….custom fit.

The older I get and the more arthritis flairs up at times…the more I appreciate a good grip.

I won’t even begin to tell you how much my eyes appreciate the RMR sight. Running them on a few guns now. It is crazy at how well the work.

Best I have used to date.

Link to the $22 mags (both 13rd & 15rd)

Looking forward to having some time farther this work weekend is over to get this little monster to the range and run it.

Tons of adjustment with the way HK engineered the grip panels & backstrap.

Is that the sealer plate beneath your RMR ?

Sorry for all the questions……I am simply glad to be finding an optimal carry solution.

1911 guy at heart and didn’t see ever getting back to strikers…..but the trigger in these VP9 models is very much to my liking. Capacity is super and they feel great in hand….custom fit.

The older I get and the more arthritis flairs up at times…the more I appreciate a good grip.

I won’t even begin to tell you how much my eyes appreciate the RMR sight. Running them on a few guns now. It is crazy at how well the work.
It is a sealing plate underneath the RMR! I had it on my G17 MOS before and moved optic and sealing plate to this pistol afterwards. No issues, works well!

Congrats on your purchase! You will love the trigger and ergonomics!

Those look like righteous upgrades.

I really like the feel of the existing 13rd in hand.…zero compromise (it seems) for me between it and the existing 15rd in terms of making a comfortable-secure grip.….and concealing it should be easier.

The new 15rd looks to have excellent footprint as well.

Looking forward to some initial range time next week…..hopefully Tuesday afternoon.

Will run it a couple hundred rounds with irons and different grip configs to see what works best.

Maybe my RMR will arrive in time for me to install it and run it as well.

Two days off midweek will be spent having some HK fun. :)

Those look like righteous upgrades.

I really like the feel of the existing 13rd in hand.…zero compromise (it seems) for me between it and the existing 15rd in terms of making a comfortable-secure grip.….and concealing it should be easier.

The new 15rd looks to have excellent footprint as well.

Looking forward to some initial range time next week…..hopefully Tuesday afternoon.

Will run it a couple hundred rounds with irons and different grip configs to see what works best.

Maybe my RMR will arrive in time for me to install it and run it as well.

Two days off midweek will be spent having some HK fun. :)
Use 124 gr ammo for your first session. This gun requires a little break in. After couple hundred rounds should eat anything you feed her.

Mine jammed in first session with 115gr but after feeding her some 124 I have not had any issues since with any ammo. This is common and to be expected with HKs. FYSA : )

Use 124 gr ammo for your first session. This gun requires a little break in. After couple hundred rounds should eat anything you feed her.

Mine jammed in first session with 115gr but after feeding her some 124 I have not had any issues since with any ammo. This is common and to be expected with HKs. FYSA : )
Thanks for the suggestion.

I have several boxes of Norma 124gr fmj that I will be using on both this HK as well as a Staccato C2 that I am breaking in.

Mighty grateful to have them both. Smallish footprints each….but can hang in there with the larger sized guns really effectively.

Concealment is much easier with them….more likely I would have hosltered vs leaving the larger gun at home.

Glad to be getting this sorted out now and ready for t-shirt & shorts season, lol.

JM holster is now in the works, too.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I have several boxes of Norma 124gr fmj that I will be using on both this HK as well as a Staccato C2 that I am breaking in.

Mighty grateful to have them both. Smallish footprints each….but can hang in there with the larger sized guns really effectively.

Concealment is much easier with them….more likely I would have hosltered vs leaving the larger gun at home.

Glad to be getting this sorted out now and ready for t-shirt & shorts season, lol.

JM holster is now in the works, too.
Nice man, let us know how she shoots!

The stacatto is a grail gun for me...one day lol They are awesome! But this HK has impressed me and is certainly no slouch!

Nice man, let us know how she shoots!

The stacatto is a grail gun for me...one day lol They are awesome! But this HK has impressed me and is certainly no slouch!

I sorta lost my mind the past two years and decided to add a few gats to the collection…..great performers….and perhaps the C2 will prove to carry well.

No displacing the need for a solid piece like these VP9SK models…..reliable, accurate, longevity and custom fit.

36E37CBE-FB91-4D3F-8195-5978614DF218.jpeg

JMCK is nice but fairly expensive. As you’ve noticed the light bearing situation makes it more difficult. I have a KSG light bearing (eh, should have returned during money back phase), JMCK (non-light bearing), Tulster, and have a light bearing Legacy on the way.

Frankly the non-adjustable Tulster with one clip I like the most for whatever reason and the red dot cut is sufficiently wide/long as provided whereas the JCMK rubs and needs some fitting.

I have this for my VP9SK with TLR-7A, zero complaints about it.

My JM light bearing holster is almost ready to ship, I believe. Received an email update from them today.

Have been using this JX Tactical in the meantime. They were superfast.

In the current config it rides really low. Conceals great….just takes a split second longer to get a perfect grip on the gun.

The gun has been running really well.

CD988979-55F0-499D-8921-88036CC1D4F0.jpeg
0CBC44BC-3514-4B64-B8B5-60D6E739B719.jpeg
03261475-E0BF-44CB-82E6-1148B19D02B8.jpeg
27DA5E18-3D88-4AB9-AEDD-27CD080A0279.jpeg
79161323-C40C-4077-B39B-867B3A3B18E5.jpeg
19CAFEF0-1DE5-4B68-9CD6-62D818CF924B.png

How do you guys like that paddle mag release vs the traditional button? Never used one. Ergonomics on that good?

Superior in every way to button. Faster, don't need to break grip and less likely to accidently hit it dropping mag under pressure.

What I like for new shooters is to use your trigger finger to manipulate mag. No way booger hooker will be in trigger guard when its manipulating the lever. Some built in saftey engineering for people who don't have much experience with pistols, and tend to do dumb shit when they are scared/learning something stressful.

Reactions: jb0311