• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns HK45 pistol question...

sinister

Rifle Pointer
Minuteman
Apr 16, 2002
Midland, Georgia
Do all HK45s have the gay "Ergo" "Spider man" finger groove grip? Were any imported with the straight pistol grip (a la the USP)?

Thanks.

Re: HK45 pistol question...

All HK45'S have the "ERGO" style grip. USP's will have the straight grip.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sinister</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do all HK45s have the gay "Ergo" "Spider man" finger groove grip? Were any imported with the straight pistol grip (a la the USP)?

Thanks. </div></div>

You sound like a guy who never held one. I used to be that guy too, but now I'd suggest you do yourself the favor before passing judgement.

I once eschewed the ergo grip, but I've since seen the light. Lesson learned, don't knock it until you try it. It's night and day compared to the USP. A P30 is now on the short list.

The HK45C is probably the best to go with if you don't like the new grips on the HK45

The HK45 is excellent to shoot, stays in your hand nicely & is very smooth & accurate.

The HK45C has the smooth grip from the P2000 series and is a bit smaller, but you can put in the same 10 round mags & you can put an extended threaded barrel from the factory on it (or get one that came with it (HK45CT))

I would suggest you see if you can handle them side by side and see what feels good in your hand, as some people like both and some prefer either the HK45 or HK45C

HK p30 and HK45s have very ergonomic grips. I have a p30 and could not be happier.

Love my HK45. It may look goofy at first next to the meanness that is the USP, but hold and shoot one and I guarantee all notions of goofy will disappear. I prefer how a USP looks in all honesty, but the HK45 is just so much nicer to hold/use.

Head over to Bowie Tactical and look into their Vickers mod. It was designed for Larry Vickers to fix the problem I believe you are talking of. Larry was heavily involved in design of that 45 model and those grips were one of the only issues he had with it. Just google larry vickers and hk45 and Im sure you'll find an article on it.

Love the grip on my p30l, my friend liked it so much he ordered a hk45 for the grip. Try it, you might like it, a lot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Strive4More</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Head over to Bowie Tactical and look into their Vickers mod. It was designed for Larry Vickers to fix the problem I believe you are talking of. Larry was heavily involved in design of that 45 model and those grips were one of the only issues he had with it. Just google larry vickers and hk45 and Im sure you'll find an article on it. </div></div>

Here. Bowie is well known for his polymer pistol work. Probably one of the very first to take it seriously.

www.bowietacticalconcepts.com

TTR