• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

HK45 shooting 1911 loads?

Wannabeinotc

Private
Minuteman
May 29, 2014
MN
So I have a Kimber 1911 in .45acp and have a lot of reloads made up for it.
Mainly Win brass w/ 230gr RN Berrys with either 4.9gr of Bullseye or 5.8gr Unique.
I bought a HK45 over a year ago I haven't gotten around to shooting yet.
But I find myself wanting to scratch an itch. I'm wondering with the lack of factory ammo would you shoot those reloads in the new HK45?
Any precautions? i.e. try the "Plunk Test" first.
Idk...maybe this should be in reload section...

I'm a little confused. If your reloads are suitable for one handgun chambered for .45 ACP, then they should be fine in your other handgun chambered in .45 ACP. Why would you expect they wouldn't?

I wouldn't say they're "new"...The HK45 has been around for about 15 years... I bought mine back when they were still made in Germany (2008). I can't help you with .45 reloads...As I don't reload for my .45's. But they ARE phenomenal pistols. VERY accurate, at least the German ones are, I've never shot one of the newer US production ones.

Not sure. Because every gun is different? That's why I'm asking.
But some loads work for all ( i.e. factory ammo).
MudRunner - new as in unfired NIB.

Generally the HK45 is able to take slightly hotter ammo than most standard 1911 pistols.
So I'm suggesting that if the rounds work well in your 1911 you should be able to test them in your HK45 to verify if they work well.

Reactions: FuhQ
Generally the HK45 is able to take slightly hotter ammo than most standard 1911 pistols.
So I'm suggesting that if the rounds work well in your 1911 you should be able to test them in your HK45 to verify if they work well.
That's what I was thinking, but I didn't want to be accused of "spreading false information" again... Even though the first time it wasn't false information, they just didn't like my answer and wanted to act like they knew more than me. Damn keyboard commandos are irritating. 🙄

As long as they drop in the chamber and “plunk” you should be good to go. As mentioned above, if the pressure is safe in a 1911 it is very safe in the HK.

As long as they drop in the chamber and “plunk” you should be good to go. As mentioned above, if the pressure is safe in a 1911 it is very safe in the HK.

Thanks. That is what I kind of assumed but wasn't sure.