• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

HK91 builder

Metalhead0483

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2008
Brunswick, GA
Hey all. I was wondering if anyone had a recomendation for me for an HK91 build that I'm going to do. I've got all the parts, and a receiver flat/weld kit. Can anyone point me in the direction of a quality builder who's got experience with bending, welding, and assembling starting from a flat?

Thanks!

Head over to HKPro and have a long read through the info there. Tons of great info there, along with several highly qualified and talented individuals who can properly bend your flat and build out your parts into just about any imaginable HK91 configuration.

Off the top of my head, Jayson at IGF is one of the preeminent HK builders in the country offering everything from the most basic to the most elaborate custom builds. He can properly bend, weld and serialize your flat for you, as well as do any full build you need. HOWEVER...Jayson's work is HIGHLY in demand and wait times can be...well...LONG! Similarly, Ralph and the folks at RDTS are also at the top of the list!!

Once you are signed up over at HKPro, get with two different members about your build and what you want/need done and wait times. They are Jeff aka ghilliebear2000 and Joe aka Chopstick Kid. Both do impressive work on all things HK and will treat you right. Not sure about their wait times, etc., but you'll want to ask those questions on the front end as assembling an HK from a pile o' parts isn't NEARLY as simple or quick as a pile of AR parts!! ;)

Contact Dave Bowers at Battlement Arms on the web. He's the resident HK/Cetme expert at militaryfirearm.com, a trained HK smith and uses his FFL07 to build for individuals.

Jeff Walters put my MP5 together for me. He's an awesome guy and his communication is superb. I would not hesitate to let him work on another HK rifle for me. All that and about two or three weeks turn around time. After that or even before, I would have Bill Springfield work on the trigger to get it down into that 3-4# range. They are pretty rough without any work...

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hkpro-members-gallery/148942-hkpro-menbers-cmp-f-going-home.html

Arizona Response Systems does a lot of H&K work, he's building a FAL for me right now, but I have yet to handle his work firsthand.

I picked up a PTR build from a guy in Florida named Robert Lewis who briefly came out of retirement to do a batch, it was outstanding except the clip/pin job (spot welded the shelf with a tiny dot weld, began to bend from recoil) sent it to Arizona Response Systems, it came back ROCK SOLID and refinished. I have run across several of his FAL and G3 clone specimens and they are outstanding.

When I need anything HK I just call Terry Dyer.

While I wholeheartedly agree about the quality of Terry's work, last I spoke with him, he was so backlogged with work that he wasn't taking on new orders at that time (can't recall precisely when that was). Again...that may have changed, but I'd venture a guess that his backlog hasn't improved to the extent of being able to get product from him in a timely manner...especially for a full build like what the OP needs done and possibly in a rush depending on what happens with any pending legislation, etc. Certainly worth reaching out to him, but don't get your hopes up until you hear otherwise straight from the horse's mouth.