• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

HLR Origin .150 Recoil lug?

Rob01

Staff member
Minuteman
Jul 9, 2001
NC
Hi all. I have been using TL3s for a while and have a bunch of shouldered prefit barrels for them but thinking of picking up an Origin so was wondering if anyone here has used the HLR and how did they work out? Thanks.

Reactions: powdahound76
Thanks. Yeah it's always great to have the option of Origin or TL3 barrels.

I built a friends rifle using one since proof was out of stock on the origin prefit but had the tl3. Worked great.

I also just sold my TL2 and bought an origin instead of tl3 for the more options available in prefits. I was able to snag 2 used tl3 barrels for it off here so am also going to be using the HLR lug on my origin.

what a n00b question. did you even search?

they work great. never had an issue. being able to use TL3 barrels is nice when you can find good ones on sale

Thanks DICK! LOL ;)

And thanks to everyone. Will place an order for one and give her a try.

Well figured I would update after getting to the range with the rifle. The HLR lug worked great! From factory ammo the shoulder only grew .002" so very minimal. My older prepped brass shoulder was .004" longer than factory so .002" over but still worked although a little more snug on the bolt drop as you would imagine. All in all very happy with the HLR lug.

I will mention some info if someone is searching for HLR info or TL3 barrels on Origins and finds this post. I had done a quick search before posting and found one post and someone mentioned the engraving on a TL3 barrel is off when on the Origin and it was said that the TL3 threading starts at the 12 o'clock position and the Origin starts at the 6 o'clock so when screwing on a TL3 barrel don't use the location of the engraving as a reference point. Mine is off. The PVA engraving that is usually at the 3 o'clock position is now near 9 o'clock. Just wanted people to know this.

Reactions: Pete B and Baron85