• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

HNT26 ring height

Jnull

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 22, 2020
Scopes an NX8 4-32 50mm obj, Defiance antix LA. Planning on using ARC M-Brace rings. With the closed top forend what height rings are you guys using?

Edit, I’m not worried about cap to barrel clearance I’ll have plenty of room there. My concern is the enclosed area at the end of the forend will be in the scope sight picture.

Last edited:
sunshade? scope caps?

i'd use the ARC penny strategy assuming you have the scope and chassis already

My HNT is a long action AntiX with a Vortex 4.5-22. I'm running APA 1.25 height rings and they might be a tad high. Im a normal sized guy and have run out of height adjustment on the cheek piece. If I was doing it again I think I'd try a little lower.

sunshade? scope caps?

i'd use the ARC penny strategy assuming you have the scope and chassis already
The action is with the smith waiting on a reamer unfortunately. Just the caps that come with it not planning on running a shade.

My HNT is a long action AntiX with a Vortex 4.5-22. I'm running APA 1.25 height rings and they might be a tad high. Im a normal sized guy and have run out of height adjustment on the cheek piece. If I was doing it again I think I'd try a little lower.
I’m hoping I can get away with the ARC 1.10” height.

Your cant will also affect the clearance. Are you going 0 moa or 20 moa on the scope base ? What about the rings ? I would do 0 moa on the base and on the rings if I wanted to go as low as possible.

Also my anTI bolt handle is 90deg so goes pretty high, I had to use fairly tall rings to clear it, for example, with a Accupoint 3-9, I had to use Talley high because the big eye piece wasn’t clearing the bolt handle.

i'll be doing a short action with the same scope

my plan was 1.00" hawkins ligtweight

I think your odds are good. Worst case scenario is you might have to go with an Aadland or MK Machining caps if the Nightforce caps are too thick.
I’m not worried about cap to barrel clearance I’ll have plenty of room there. My concern is the enclosed area at the end of the forend will be in the scope sight picture.

Your cant will also affect the clearance. Are you going 0 moa or 20 moa on the scope base ? What about the rings ? I would do 0 moa on the base and on the rings if I wanted to go as low as possible.

Also my anTI bolt handle is 90deg so goes pretty high, I had to use fairly tall rings to clear it, for example, with a Accupoint 3-9, I had to use Talley high because the big eye piece wasn’t clearing the bolt handle.
The action has integrated 20 moa bases and the rings will be 0. The bolt handle is fairly small i didn’t think that’d be an issue.

I’m not worried about cap to barrel clearance I’ll have plenty of room there. My concern is the enclosed area at the end of the forend will be in the scope sight picture.

I'm running our 1.18" One Piece Mount with a Gen2 Razor 4.5-27x56 and I have clearance! If you're going with a 50mm objective and 1.10" you'll be okay!

- Josh
sunshade? caps? barrel contour?

maybe a pic haha

side note: how accurate is 8-10 week backorder on the R700 SA, cobalt, arca, folders? i maybe need one to shoot NRL hunter this year (okay i dont NEED, just want really bad)

I'm running our 1.18" One Piece Mount with a Gen2 Razor 4.5-27x56 and I have clearance! If you're going with a 50mm objective and 1.10" you'll be okay!

- Josh
I actually ordered the 1.10” last night hoping they’d be enough to keep the forend out of sight, I appreciate the confirmation.