• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hodgdon Hybrid 100V

sandwarrior

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 21, 2007
in yooperland
I was looking for a post or two on how people felt about the new Hybrid 100V.

So far I have to say that while it meters well it hasn't given me the results I've been looking for. Groups haven't been as tight as with other proven powders/loads. I have gotten a smidge more velocity in most of the full power cases I have used it in. But, I haven't shot any one rifle enough to see what the erosion damage, if above normal, is in comparison.

My loads were 46.0 gr. of H100V in my .257 Roberts with 110 Accubonds. Velocity was around 3100. Groups were around 1.5" This is in comparison to my proven loads of 43.5 gr. of H4350X pushing either a 110 Accubond or 115 BT or 115 Berger VLD out at 3010. Each of the latter named were Sub-MOA and the Berger's avg'd .550.

I also noticed this is a lot more touchy when loading into the lands as I'm getting a lot of loose primer pockets. I'm what I consider to be at max 1.5 gr. under published maximum with bullets pushed into the lands.

I was getting the same results basically with my .257 AI that I just sold. It seems I had a lot better luck with the Reloader powders if I wanted to introduce nitro-glycerin to give better velocity.

Anyhow, a little more feedback about this powder and it's quirks would be helpful to me. Thanks.

Re: Hodgdon Hybrid 100V

I just got a pound of it a while ago to use in my 25-06. It certainly gave me more velocity with 85gr bullets than did H4831 and RL19. It does seem more sensitive to load variation (OAL, charge weight etc.) than the other powders. Primers seemed a little flatter also.

I tried some in 6.5-284 and the groups were good but the velocity wasn't that great before the pressure signs started showing up. I could not get the within 100 fps of the RL22 loads.

David

I tested in a 300wsm and had good results. 64.5 gr ended up around 2980fps with a 190vld groups were around .55 to .65 for 5 shot groups and I think I could tighten them up with a little luck.
Overall I was impressed, I ran this out of my fn pbr xp with 1 in 12 twist factory tube. It also ran about 100fps hotter than imr 4350, and h 4350 all at max load from hodgen website.