• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hodgon H355 powder

viking78

Private
Minuteman
Jul 6, 2011
FINLAND
www.youtube.com
Hello guys.

I do reload ammo on my 223rem, 260rem, 6.5creedmoor and 308win.

I have used only Vihtavuori powders, since im from Finland, and that powder is easy to get and cheap in Finland.

But i did received one 1lbs can Hodgon H335 powder.

What type on bullet and caliber does this powder perform the most best, and bullet weight?

Thank you

I have 1/8 twist barrel on my Tikka CTR.
It was 24" barrel, i cut it down to 18".
Still on gunsmith for fluting and threading for the suppressor.
It did shot very well Nosler CC 52gr bullet, so i think i will try this with Hodgon.
Thanks for the tip Jmcc.

I have a radical firearms upper, 18” 8 twist. Got it cus it was cheap. $150.
I loaded up some 55gr seconds, 25-25.2 or so in mixed brass, got on paper at 100 and the. Started smacking plates at 475 with it very consistently. Worked well enough imma keep loading it for cheap plinking ammo.

Reactions: viking78
Works very well for 223 with light to mid weight bullets. It will work for 308, but definitely not the best choice. Too fast for 260 or 6.5 Creedmoor.

Depends on what weight bullet you want to shoot out of all of them. It works great in 223 with light bullets. I have never tried it with anything over 55g. It works great in a 308 with 110s, around 50g if I remember right. It would probably work ok for the creed and 260 with really light bullets.

223 with 355 and 55 grain nosler ballistic tips was an excellent combination.
355 is a no bueno for 260.

classic 5.56 powder and would work in 308 150gr loads. Its a spherical powder so be aware of the temp sensitivity as compared to Vihtavuori powders. I have never used it, but if I had to grab something off the shelf without much research I wouldnt hesitate to try it.

classic 5.56 powder and would work in 308 150gr loads. Its a spherical powder so be aware of the temp sensitivity as compared to Vihtavuori powders. I have never used it, but if I had to grab something off the shelf without much research I wouldnt hesitate to try it.

It's not temp sensitive in the 223.

H335, tac, cfe223. All damn near the same and all I bother with for 223. They do need different charge weights, but I load whatever I can get. Currently it's free h335 from when it was still in cardboard cans. Still shoots fine, about 25 grns behind a 50grn bullet with a cci450.

I also use a ton of it with hornady 55gr fmjbt's (25.0grs), I've also shot some excellent groups with hornady 68gr match bthp's. Don't have my data in front of me, but out of a 16" 1-7 barrel, the holes were touching. All of these were in LC cases with cci 41 primers.