• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Hog hunting around the Houston area

Mike0341

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 6, 2012
Houston Texas
Hows it going everyone. I have been living in Houston since 2011 and have yet to find a place to hunt around here. well i have found a lot of outfitters with guides and lodging but I'm not interested in that kind of hunting. I'm more of a sleep in my sleeping bag or in my truck kind of guy and not leave the woods until i get something for the freezer. Ive hunted in Tx before but the military had deals going for us at that time and i just happened to be in Tx for two months during hunting season.

Basically looking for public land that allows hunting and has hogs.

Re: Hog hunting around the Houston area

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wes126</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/huntwild/hunt/public/lands/table_contents/7houston.phtml.

Link to public hunting in region 7, where you are.

I've never hunted there, but guys that have say there are shit tons of pigs and very few deer. </div></div>

thank you for your assistance. thats what I'm looking for exactly. i love deer hunting but hog hunting is year around so it keeps the freezer stocked.

thanks again for your assistance.

Re: Hog hunting around the Houston area

Any of the management areas up in east Texas hold plenty of hogs. You just need to get the proper license and have at em. Took a 220# boar this past spring. Look into the Moore Plantation Unit....plenty to find there.