• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Hog hunting in VA, NC, and SC

mountainman308

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 20, 2012
WV, USA
Two friends and I are looking to plan a hog hunting trip as a guys weekend. We are all expierenced hunters.
Can anyone recommend a good outfitter in VA, NC, or SC? Alternately, if there is a farmer or land owner who has a hog problem, we will happily negotiate with you for a weekend of hunting.

Best,

Will

Sign me up sounds like the perfect guys weekend ?

I'm not familiar with the area by any means, but I wonder if they have public land you could hunt on for reasonable fees. May take some internet scouting, but sometimes you can get real winners off public land. Once again, I'm not familar with how it works up there, but just an idea.

There is some promising looking public land in Graham County NC. Can anyone confirm what the hog hunting is like there?

We have a yote problem in Rappahannock County VA but thankfully not a hog problem. Sure there are hogs in VA, just not up in NW VA.

If you are looking to kill yotes, let me know.

We have a yote problem in Rappahannock County VA but thankfully not a hog problem. Sure there are hogs in VA, just not up in NW VA.

If you are looking to kill yotes, let me know.
I live an hour from you and really wish I had some experience hunting coyotes right about now haha

As to what the OP asked, I'd go as far south as you can to hunt wild hogs. I hunted at Black River Plantation in SC and it was very good, albeit this was about 10 years ago. Also if you hunt hogs on someone's farm or land where they want them gone, all the traditional ideas of sportsmanship go out the window. Kill them all.