• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Hog hunting info.

marku

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 10, 2008
Illinois
Got a hog hunt lined up from a friend in Florida. Question you can shoot "Feeder hogs" or the Giant hogs. What usually the size differnce between each?

Re: Hog hunting info.

Their class is "Feeder size" which is smaller than others. Feeder size is 200.00 and to shoot a giant is 400.00. I figured since this is a one time thing ill shoot a Giant one. Im planning on taking that 7mm-300wsm with 180gr Berger on it. My SMI encore 209x50 is a hell of a thumper though!

The SMI barrel shoots 2015 smokless powder. Very good velocities, no smoke and no clean-up.

Here in Texas the best eating feral pigs are 30-75lb females. The big males at 200+ lbs have a strong taste. We hunt them at night as the big ones move around my place around 2-3am. The big ones seem to travel in two's or three's while the females and smaller pigs move earlier and are in groups of 15-20. Of course that's just on my little part of the planet.

shoot small ones. buy a cheap sawall from hardorfreight. you can split them right down the back and they fit great ona bbq pit.