• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Hog hunts in Oklahoma Where?

Re: Hog hunts in Oklahoma Where?

I used Black Mountain Hunts a few times now; nice place. They will skin and quarter for you.

If you know almost any land owner here in Oklahoma, they likely have hogs, if not a HOG problem. Ask and they will probably be glad to let you shoot all you can find.

Mike

Look at the Black Mountain. The fence thing I don't know about. I'am looking more for a bigger area.

Do you want to hunt or just shoot? There are a lot of high fence outfits here and many free range places as well.

The Chain Ranch has free range as well as high fence and nice accommodations. (best bet)

All About U is also productive free range.

If you want free range with dogs (no guns allowed) and a uniquely Oklahoman experience I can point you in the right direction there as well. (need to be open minded for this one)

There are a few more high fence places that I have dealt with if you decide to go that way but they all book up fast.

As stated above, finding a farmer to let you hunt isn't really a challenge around here. Especially if you plan your hunt around deer season. I know of some super secret areas of the state where farmers leave the gates open to their fields after they cut the wheat. No one has messed that up, yet.

I booked a hunt a hunt at All About U. I will try it this summer and maybe the Chain Ranch in the late fall for one of my son's.

Thanks Rich

Left the same day. If hog hunting is slapping the pig in the ass from the pen and shoot. Then this would be your place. They had a 90 acre fence in area. Pigs on the trailer to be release. Not much sport in that. We haul ass in the after the first 2 hours. My son shoot a pig and lets get out of here. It may have been fair chase if we just shot them in the pen. Longest shot 20 yards. Didn't waste time there. glad we left.

Maybe this would work for people who live in the city that was their first hunt but I still wouldn't recommend.

My neighbor raises hogs. I have 2 at the butchers now. Thought I might ask him if I could shoot them. Lol. Live and learn but don't cross the same bridge twice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Left the same day. If hog hunting is slapping the pig in the ass from the pen and shoot. Then this would be your place. They had a 90 acre fence in area. Pigs on the trailer to be release. Not much sport in that. We haul ass in the after the first 2 hours. My son shoot a pig and lets get out of here. It may have been fair chase if we just shot them in the pen. Longest shot 20 yards. Didn't waste time there. glad we left.

Maybe this would work for people who live in the city that was their first hunt but I still wouldn't recommend. </div></div>

Really? That sucks. Last people I knew who went there it really was fair chase (albeit over feeders). Did James tell you it was fair chase them put you in a high fence?

Said it was to hot to hunt hogs. Which he is right. I would have thought we would hunt at night. He did say we should try in the winter time. He did say the open range is good when the temp is cooler.
James is a super nice guy. Maybe didn't ask the right questions. Iam a little old school on hunting.

Yeah, it is really hot for day hunts. Where we hunt they aren't coming out until 1 a.m.. Oklahoma isn't the best choice for night hunts, our laws are not nearly as liberal as Texas. You have to jump through hoops to get a night hunt permit from the ODWC.

You should check out the Chain Ranch, they are much more established and have more land to hunt.

http://www.chainranch.com/hog_exotic/ok_hog_exotic.html

Edit- If you really want to hunt I can get you maps of the best public land for hogs, but then you'll need licenses.

May try that this winter. According to the website. He does have the ground. He has a good great story on how he started his ranch.

Dar were in nebraska are u located?my buddies frome work have been going to the nail ranch in texas for years now and have brought home some pretty impressive boars.only about ten hour drive from this area.

When its hot it is the best time to hunt hogs, just have to know where the wallows are. The hotter the better, they have to cool off somehow.

When we would raise pigs as a kid. They would lay around kin the mud to cool off. That would make sense. He had pond. I just don't think there was any pigs in the fence area but the 2 he let loose. If Iam not mistaken pigs don't travel alone along a fence to the cronor of the fence and freeze. That is what pen raise pigs do when nervous.