• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Hog problem?

Jthoss0837

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 19, 2010
Greenville, South Carolina
I think so. Estimated at about 300 lbs
He came up on it, and didnt want to turn the dogs on him, so he shot him between the eyes with a .22 magnum. The dogs grabbed ahold of his ears, and He finished him off with his knife. Taken in Southern Greenville County, SC on Monday Jan 10th by Tyler Chappell

Re: Hog problem?

I want to hunt these bad. time to book a hog hunt

holy sh*t he is an ugly f*cker.

Good kill. Enjoy the tasty bacon for months
smile.gif

Damn! Thats a huge hog. I've been on a few hunts but never seen one that size....

GOOD LORD !!! what a mombo!

I just seen on the news down south, they have big problem with them ripping up people's yards and going nuts everywhere.sounds like plenty of shooting going on...

I watched a hog hunting video once, where the hunter was trailing a hog up a hill, and the hog doubled back and jumped from an outcropping, ^over^ the hunter's head. woohoo! Wish I still had that video.

my town has the same problem, someone set up feeders apparently at a local bar

A .22 mag???? really? I've seen much smaller hogs take 5 rounds from a .357 before they go down. I'm not saying it's not possible to take one with a .22 mag, I'm just saying that it must've been one heck of a shot! haha.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DedicatedShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A .22 mag???? really? I've seen much smaller hogs take 5 rounds from a .357 before they go down. I'm not saying it's not possible to take one with a .22 mag, I'm just saying that it must've been one heck of a shot! haha. </div></div>

Shot wasnt far, and it surely didnt finish him off, just rolled him down so the dogs could get on him.

He finished it off with a knife about 8 inches long to the throat.

I hear that you really have to be careful when eating wild hogs. I guess they're prone to parasites in the meat.

Very Cool. Where did you bag him?

22 mag. Reminds me of my first encounter with a wild Pig in New Zealand. The thing ran me up a tree. All I had was my 22 mag, I was shooting rabbets and didn't think about coming across a pig. Well the 22's did nothing and I stayed up there till he got sick of getting stung by the "Bee Stings" I was sending his way.