• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Deltagunner00

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 16, 2011
Central Indiana
Figured I would share a video review I did for the Hog Saddle PIG 0311 to hopefully help someone else out that is looking at them.

Thanks for watching!

Nice review. This tripod is money! I am very very happy with mine. Lots of good features packed in an affordable tripod.

Thanks for the review. I ordered this tripod mid Dec. They said it'll ship "early January" I plan on direct mounting the Pig Saddle I purchased a couple years ago. Guess I'll be looking into this clamp in set up too.

Great review. Been looking to pick one of these up when they become available and this helped to tip the scale. Thanks for taking the time to put this together.

Great product, but I don't have the HOG I have the PIG. we used it this weekend for class and it worked great along with the ball head thumbs up !!

I started looking for a tripod a while ago for my Desert Tech. It’s not going to get a ton of use, so I didn’t want to spend a ton. I saw all the reviews for it, and decided to pick one up. I backordered one on 12/26 and it showed up yesterday, 1/11. For $150 shipped, this thing is great! I was thinking I should get the one with carbon fiber legs, but that’s 3x the price of this one to save 1 lb. I am using the RRS ball head and the RRS Desert Tech adapter and no issues getting a solid stance to shoot. I like that it comes with the hook, extra spike feet, and a carrying case. Really looking forward to taking this out to the field.

I started looking for a tripod a while ago for my Desert Tech. It’s not going to get a ton of use, so I didn’t want to spend a ton. I saw all the reviews for it, and decided to pick one up. I backordered one on 12/26 and it showed up yesterday, 1/11. For $150 shipped, this thing is great! I was thinking I should get the one with carbon fiber legs, but that’s 3x the price of this one to save 1 lb. I am using the RRS ball head and the RRS Desert Tech adapter and no issues getting a solid stance to shoot. I like that it comes with the hook, extra spike feet, and a carrying case. Really looking forward to taking this out to the field.

Which RRS head are you using. I was thinking of picking up one of these as I won't use it much either but I have to also buy a ball head

The ball head I am using is the Really Right Stuff BH-40 LR. In my mind, the ball head is the most important part of the system.

Thinking of upgrading to the BH-40 but been pretty happy with the Markins so far. I know the RRS is the best so I will probably upgrade at some point.