• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hog Saddle tripod question

kimberyote

Private
Minuteman
Jan 26, 2010
madison county illinois
I have a PIG0311-G tripod along with a pig saddle. After i clamp my rifle in, all set up tight and ready to go, I am still getting 1 inch or better of vertical movement. Is there anyway to help eliminate this movement? Thx in advance!

Is the saddle direct mounted? Ball head? Leveling base?
Look into using a sling to help get more stable there are some good videos on YouTube. Shadow tech has some pictures in the hog saddle item gallery to give you an idea.

Im using it sitting down on a three-legged blind chair. I have a loop in my sling that I wrap my arm back into myself. The main problem is the movement of the saddle itself. It's tight enough horizontally, but vertically it's not there.
I have watched all of the videos that i can find on shadow tec, Hog Saddle, 6.5 guys, etc.. None of the videos deal with the vertical.

You not going to do anything mechanical short of getting an RRS system.

You, have to practice. Usinging a sling, be one of the wrapped methods to the bipod, belt, foot of as simple as an “open” hand pushing down to balance the front and rear of the rifle will help.

Im no engineer, but it seems like some type of shimming process would help. I contacted the company to see if they have any ideas. A ball head wouldn't help, would it? I shoot on flat land, and don't really need a ball head.

No the movement is in the system and the rubber nubbs that grip the gun. Btw- guns do need to recoil or you’ll get lead sled issues.

Really, you need to work on the shooter with this older legacy tech. That’s why guys like myself who spent countless hours trying to figure out how to shoot better off of a Manfroto, Feel like we went to heaven when we upgraded to the really right stuff systems