• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hogs hunting humans?

pineoak

Assistant Minion
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2017
Cary, North Carolina
Apologies if this was posted previously given how old this is. Found the video interesting.

Anyone that has the "full video" with shots fired, please share.

I don't hunt hogs, but if I did I would consider moving to a semi-auto platform with a red dot.

Bred and released for hunting, anyone who has hunted pigs a bit knows most of the mob will be small

Apologies if this was posted previously given how old this is. Found the video interesting.

Anyone that has the "full video" with shots fired, please share.

I don't hunt hogs, but if I did I would consider moving to a semi-auto platform with a red dot.

And that is why we need 30 round magazines. God Bless Magpul.

A guy in our shooting club years ago hunted pigs with a 44 Auto Mag. Back up was a M1A with a full 20 round mag! 👍

Suggested video from that link

Empty chamber crowd 🙄

Shame to kill an animal like that just because you are a POS snowmobiler that thinks the world revolves around you.
In my opinion the guy wanted to provoke the moose and was actively trying to antagonize the moose, chase after the moose when it tried to break contact and move away several times. The guy wanted to have a confrontation so he could get views for his stupid videos.

Nothing like people getting pissed off about a 10 year old video of a swamp donkey getting shot....

It would have been harder to go around than you think- at that time lots of sleds didn't have reverse (and even if they did you usually dug in when you tried going backwards). For whatever reason- the moose was aggressive and on the fight. After it turned to leave the first time I would not have pulled forward like he did- but I don't think it would have made a difference- the moose had already come at him once and it was going to again. After it struck at him and he starts going for his gun it looks like he was going to shoot regardless of what the moose did-- BUT-- the moose was already turning around to come back for round 2.

Nothing to see here folks.

Nothing like people getting pissed off about a 10 year old video of a swamp donkey getting shot....

It would have been harder to go around than you think- at that time lots of sleds didn't have reverse (and even if they did you usually dug in when you tried going backwards). For whatever reason- the moose was aggressive and on the fight. After it turned to leave the first time I would not have pulled forward like he did- but I don't think it would have made a difference- the moose had already come at him once and it was going to again. After it struck at him and he starts going for his gun it looks like he was going to shoot regardless of what the moose did-- BUT-- the moose was already turning around to come back for round 2.

Nothing to see here folks.
Yeah, would have been pretty hard to turn left or right and go forward or even get off the sled and hide behind a tree til it was gone. There's always alternatives when dealing with animals not at the top of the food chain.

Reactions: Maggot
that guy deserves some fines at minimum. He could have just as easily gone around.
Couldn’t agree more. Moose charge snow machines pretty regularly up here in AK. Nobody ever shoots them, or at least, reports it, that’s different 😁. Best defense is the machine itself and a bunch of noise, but moose really aren’t a threat in that circumstance. The shooter in that video is a coward and a shit rider.

Fuck wild pigs! Growing up in a farm town teaches you respect for farmers/farm owners/farm workers pretty damn quick. Something urban kids don't learn. That said, wild pigs are so fucking destructive to crops. And yeah, they're very well known to charge at a human. That's literally how my dad used to hunt them. He'd provoke the hog to charge at him and then fire his .44 mag and then just step aside and the hog would run right past him and fall over dead.

Shame to kill an animal like that just because you are a POS snowmobiler that thinks the world revolves around you.

Many spoiled brats like that in the dirt biking community as well. In fact, it seems that any sport that requires riding a small vehicle whether it be dirt bike, snowmobile, jet ski, etc., has narcissists in it. I love dirtbiking (mainly hill climbing), but I avoid online dirt bike communities like the plague. I just can't stand reading bullshit from them rich fags who think everyone owes them something.

We could certainly use more aggressive bull moose and fewer snow mobile riders. If only we could rig moose up with Go Pros so we could have vid when it goes the other way…