• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hogue overmolded stock from R700 sps tatical

Csolson987

Private
Minuteman
Sep 15, 2011
monroe, washington
So I have noticed that many people that have purchased the remington 700 sps tactical have immediately turned around and replaced the stock. I remember somebody at the gun shop saying something about it not floating the barrel very well. does anybody have more information about this?

Re: Hogue overmolded stock from R700 sps tatical

When shooting from a bipod it places pressure on the barrel= bad juju.

Bell and Carlson Medalist M40 FTW!

Hougue Overmolds are great...May I suggest some uses

1. Custom door stop
2. Canoe Paddle
3. Knight Stick
4. Walking Cane

Things I suggest you not use the Overmold Stock for

1. Rifle Stock

LOL...They are ok to start with and the rifle will shoot well with it...But as you get more serious it will eventually be replaced

The tactical stocks work great on standard profile barrels, 100% free floated.
laugh.gif

Thanks for all the info. I will just shoot on this stock and replace it when I have the money for a nicer one.

That's for sure the way to do it. I have a BC stock on my sps tactical and made it way better.

I'm not a huge fan of the Hogue on my SPS Tac, but instead of buying a new stock, I'm gonna cut the channel away a little bit a learn to shoot better than the rifle. The rifle serves me great for what it is. If I want to shoot the hair off a gnat's ass at 300+, I'll get/build a different rifle.

I liked the feel of the Hogue stock, especially on those cold days. But for me in prone the stock would flex too much.

It's hard to beat $200 for a B&C that will float the barrel

I replaced mine before I ever shot it, just didn't like the feel of the tacky rubber, way happy with the B&C I picked up here on the forum...

I have a SPS Varmint and floated the barrel right away and what I found is I would start out with a good group and the one would just fly? Sometimes two would fly? Almost every 5 shoot group.
I just last week ponied up the $$ for a B&C Medalist. Now what I know is I have a lot of reloading to do and practice, practice, practice!
I do love the way it feels and how much more solid the rifle feels! It's like a new rifle!!
Hope this helps?

just ordered a B&C medalist m40a1 style for my 700. didn't like the stock touching my stick. she was already shooting around .5 moa, now maybe that'll be cut in half
smile.gif

check out StockysStocks dot com. got mine for cheap!