• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hogue Stock inletting for DBM

Daddyusmaximus

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
May 3, 2020
I picked myself up a Remington 700 SPS Tactical in .223. Very nice shape, almost new. Came with the rail (not sure if flat or 20MOA) and a Trigger Tech trigger. Don't know what one, never had one before, but it's single stage, and the nicest trigger I've ever owned. Also came in the normal for Remington Hogue Overmolded stock. I want to change out to a DBM, so I'll need new bottom metal, but I just happened to like the Hogue stock. Always have liked them. I know they don't adjust, and I need to scrub off some at the end inside to keep it from touching the barrel, but I just love the feel of them. Had them on everything from 10/22s to Mausers.

Question is... Can they be inletted for different bottom metal?

Don't much like the look of most of the chassis systems either. I like the more traditional old style look. (M40 style is cool, I'm just wanting a DBM). About the only newer style rifle stock I like is the Bergara B14 stocks, but they don't come up for sale that often, I'm not sure they'd fit this heavy a barrel, and I only know I like the look of them... never held one in my hands.

They can be inlet for DBM, assuming you’re confident in your Dremel abilities.

Though, if you’re buying decent DBM and going to pay someone to inlet it for you (if your Dremel skills are anything like mine and you think you might ruin it) you’ll probably be nearing ~$250-300 all-in for the job... pretty fancy Hogue stock at that point.

Maybe not your preferred look, but a KRG Bravo is more “stockish” than most for $350...

What you can do, to keep costs down, is install the Magpul bottom metal for the hunter stock.
There are vids of it on youtube, you don't have to relieve a while bunch.

These actually work well, they are not heavy duty:

Reactions: Evlshnngns