• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Holding SPR

DropinLead

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 3, 2013
Desert of Az.
I am shooting off bi-pod and rear sand bag. I will switch to prone one I find a nice shooting mat. But for now I am firing from a bech which is odd since you kind of side saddle it my my range. I also hTe the polished concrete, seems hard to load the bod, it just slides and does not bite and hold when loading it. anyhow I have been experminting with various grips over the last 12 boxes of ammo. I notice some things. I wanted to hear some thoughts to confirm what I am noticing.

Do you grip the A4 stock like a pistol and man handle it against you ot do you hold it as light as possible with finger tips at the leading edge or something else.

Seems if I hold it like a piston wrapping my hand around it, it induces some side pull when I pull the trigger. What ever it is it seems to have WAY more variability that way. Lighter hold seems better.

Would I expect the Ashe thing when prone? The floor is really rough concrete so I should be able to load the bipod better.

Thoughts on grip, soft and minimize input or grab it like a bull horn and pull it tight?
any difference in grip from bench to prone with sand bags and bipod as far as technique?

Thanks!