• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

HOLE IN HOLE show them!!

diego-ted

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 26, 2011
Diego-Town
I always hear about it, but very few times are the words backed up by photos. I want to see them repeated 5 shot groups hole in hole!!

Diego

Re: HOLE IN HOLE show them!!

I would, but I don't feel like getting banned today. Oh, you meant.. I got ya now.

i once got a 5 shot bughole in a fleshlight, you sure you want a pic?

I'd be more impressed with a tight group out past 300 then a 3 or 5 shot group that was all touching at 100 yards.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Black-X</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would, but I don't feel like getting banned today. Oh, you meant.. I got ya now. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i once got a 5 shot bughole in a fleshlight, you sure you want a pic? </div></div>

Yup...this thread has epic potential to get REALLY bad in a hurry!!
crazy.gif
Please keep those pics to yourselves/your girlfriends, fellas!!
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: diego-ted</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I always hear about it, but very few times are the words backed up by photos. I want to see them repeated 5 shot groups hole in hole!!

Diego </div></div>

Diego,

Ragged hole groups are neither rare, nor hard to shoot. And Snipers Hide is not the place where the group shooting crowd hangs out. You will find that most here are more into practical rifle application.

Below is a picture of a target that meets your criteria. I catalog all my targets this way. This is not my best target, nor was it cherry picked. It was simply the most recent I had in 30 caliber. Spend some time searching around and you will find many better targets.

-Chris

3:3:10.jpg

**Edit** I can't seem to get the picture to post. Here is a link to it.

You dont see them because its a waste of time. I have too many rifles and ammo combos that do that.

I know its the show me crowd sometimes but anyone who would lie about a group could certainly fake a photo. We are not talking rocket science here.

I posted a thread on how lucky we are to have so many great made rifles out there and great factory ammo.

The equipment is great if you dont shoot one hole groups at 100 yards, its probably you these days. Not talking stock Remington SPS with Express Ammo, I mean hand built custom iwth damm good ammo.

Like I said repeated! I have my share of good groups, but I hear guys saying my rifle 1/4 moa this and that. I am new to the sport, well in adulthood anyways and yes this is the show me crowd. I am not asking for people to brag, I just would like to see repeated 1 hole groups by the regular Joes that say there rifle does it all the time. Then the proof is in the pudding and the more relevant questions can be asked. I don’t mean to insult anyone, just trying to gauge what is and what isn’t.

Diego

Five shots - 100yrds
6mm BR Savage F-Class bone stock rifle
with Nightforce NXS 12-42X56
29.6grns of Varget topped with 107grn Sierra MatchKing
measured at .30, then subtract the bullet diameter of .243 = .057 group, and yes I have witness' and yes I need to get out and shoot this rifle more... On that note, I'm off to the range...

Pic_6BR.jpg

Pic_6BR2.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: diego-ted</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Like I said repeated! I have my share of good groups, but I hear guys saying my rifle 1/4 moa this and that. I am new to the sport, well in adulthood anyways and yes this is the show me crowd. I am not asking for people to brag, I just would like to see repeated 1 hole groups by the regular Joes that say there rifle does it all the time. Then the proof is in the pudding and the more relevant questions can be asked. I don’t mean to insult anyone, just trying to gauge what is and what isn’t.

Diego
</div></div>
And this would prove what? Who has the biggest epenis? Some of us have better things to do then to shoot at 100 yards to get good groups and post it in the interwebs for people to worship over. I rarely every shoot for groups at 100. It's either to sight in a scope or to test loads, and even then, I rather test them at distances greater then 100 yards.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
And this would prove what? Who has the biggest epenis? Some of us have better things to do then to shoot at 100 yards to get good groups and post it in the interwebs for people to worship over. I rarely every shoot for groups at 100. It's either to sight in a scope or to test loads, and even then, I rather test them at distances greater then 100 yards. </div></div>

I tend to agree, in my own defense that group above was shot during load development...

Also remember a lot of people out there don't have anything other than a 100 range, so that is where their interest lies...

i shoot one rounds groups and hit bughole groups all day long, i can usually do it at further distances as well

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: diego-ted</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Like I said repeated! I have my share of good groups, but I hear guys saying my rifle 1/4 moa this and that. I am new to the sport, well in adulthood anyways and yes this is the show me crowd. I am not asking for people to brag, I just would like to see repeated 1 hole groups by the regular Joes that say there rifle does it all the time. Then the proof is in the pudding and the more relevant questions can be asked. I don’t mean to insult anyone, just trying to gauge what is and what isn’t.

Diego
</div></div>

The saying is " The proof of the pudding is in the eating"

I never can get 5 shot one hole groups because I always blow the last one going for the perfect target to hang on the refrigerator.
IMG_1434-1.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: crumpmd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I never can get 5 shot one hole groups because I always blow the last one going for the perfect target to hang on the refrigerator.
IMG_1434-1.jpg
</div></div>

I feel your pain I have a few of these myself!!!

And this is why I don't try to shoot groups often. I do on the "Smack the Smiley" contest, but other than that, only on load development. I tend to shoot one shot at a time while focusing on that round and only that round. The one before is in the history books, and the the future one is not chambered yet.

I focus on my basics of marksmanship: Form, sight picture, parallax, squeezing the trigger, cheek weld (not all in that order...) I dont worry about recoil (well, I do a little now because I am sensitive to recoil. Please see post concering this issue...)

Groups are awesome, but I want to learn how to hit my target first time, every time. Dot drill has destroyed me so many times it is unreal. I think that after a few shots I get complacent, pick up the program, and then lose train of thought again. Or, my rifle, load, or something other than me is to blame. Can I legitamately blame Obama? lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: crumpmd</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: diego-ted</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Like I said repeated! I have my share of good groups, but I hear guys saying my rifle 1/4 moa this and that. I am new to the sport, well in adulthood anyways and yes this is the show me crowd. I am not asking for people to brag, I just would like to see repeated 1 hole groups by the regular Joes that say there rifle does it all the time. Then the proof is in the pudding and the more relevant questions can be asked. I don’t mean to insult anyone, just trying to gauge what is and what isn’t.

Diego
</div></div>

IMG_1434-1.jpg
</div></div>

IMAG0082.jpg

Try not to shoot groups much, but here is one I saved. 5 shots, quarter moa at 100.

Had a load issue, so I shot for groups last Thursday. The average of the 9 groups of 5 shots was sub half moa. Good day shooting, and a hell of a rifle.

crumpmd, you're not holding your tongue right or something
whistle.gif

6.5x284 Cooper M22 5rds@100yds 142gr SMK 48gr of RL-22
65cooper142SMK48.0GRR22.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ogreshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Can I legitamately blame Obama? lol
</div></div>
Not without getting banned for ten days..ask me how I know...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: el gordo2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">crumpmd, you're not holding your tongue right or something
whistle.gif

6.5x284 Cooper M22 5rds@100yds 142gr SMK 48gr of RL-22

</div></div>

At Rifles Only Jacob told me it is a common phenomenon. All the more reason for practical shooters like me not to shoot groups. Saves embarassment.

You know I find this "one hole" group stuff very funny. Some people call a group with all shots overlaping in some way "one hole" and yes by definition I suppose it is, but to me "one hole" is what visually looks like one round. I will challenge anyone who shoots precision rifles (of any style) to try and shoot back to back 5 shot groups @ 100 yds off a bipod and a sand bag/sand sock (not a rear bag as used in benchrest) and have them be sub 0.100" center to center. I dont see how in any way in hell someone can say that that isnt "quality shooting", true at that range its only testing the load and the mechanics of shooting and not the shooters ability to adjust for conditions but it is definately is a feet to do and takes a very refined shooter to do it. So in my eyes this is just as important as being able to hold MOA at your weapon systems max effective range b/c this is a very base fundimental of long range precision shooting weather under stress or not. If you mechanics are not spot on it will show up in both short range and long range, you just have to raise the bar to bring the flaws out in short range shooting such as shooting back to back screamers in field conditions.

After thinking about what I said above for a few min. I feel like I should clairfy just a bit. I completely know and understand the style of rifles "we" shoot are not designed to be that accurate, however when I shoot groups @ short range thats what Im tring to acheve. I think any precision rifle worth its salt should be able to hold 3/8" @ 100yds so maybe that should have been how I should of worded it. My point is when shooting groups at short range you should expect nothing less than your weapon systems max accuracy capability. And in doing so it puts a lot of validity to adding short range group shooting to your shooting/traning.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i once got a 5 shot bughole in a fleshlight, you sure you want a pic?</div></div>

LMAO!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd be more impressed with a tight group out past 300 then a 3 or 5 shot group that was all touching at 100 yards. </div></div>

How about the last three handloads I had at ~ 360 yards?
b3739ea9.jpg

It would show that your rifle can shoot less than .5 MOA consistently, nothing more nothing less. If you don't like to post your 100 yard shots, lets see those 500 yards shots, don't matter Moa is moa. I just want to see the rifle, the load and the conditions the shots were made under. There is a lot of info that can be obtained from just those particulars. For those of you posting, thanks! I appreciate you sharing and if you could provide some of the other info it would be appreciated as well.

Here a a few of mine, the rifle is a Tikka 308 Varmint with a LRS 1 scope all at 100 yards.

FGMM ammo 168 grain.
NewImage2.jpg

168gr Amax, 45.5gr Varget Lapua brass 2.112 OAL to the OGive

DSC01073.jpg

155 SMK palma, 47.4gr varget
IMG_7479.jpg

Cave, thanks, that's what I want to see several groups back to back.
Gunman, dang!!
Crump, Me too!!
Jbell, could not have said it better
Jess, now that's what I am talking about!!

Diego

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: crumpmd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

IMG_1434-1.jpg
</div></div>

stack 2 targets vertically @ 100 yards. you just measure the distance between the x-rings and dial it into your scope. because you're looking at a blank target the whole time, you might relax, take your time, and put all 5 through the same hole.

Here are a few, including a six shot group, all shot off of bipod and rear bag.
Edit, to add a 300 yard group with a 5R.
I understand that alot of people on this forum don't shoot groups, but for me it's part of good load developement, I have been told that I am a little OCD. LOL
SScott
001-8.jpg

001.jpg

Sakotgt.jpg

Remington700308300YD.jpg

Thanks Scott that is some great shootIng! Care to share your shooting teqnique.

I hate to ask a dumb question but why do most "GROUP" shooters show groups WAY WAY off target? Like some of the above he is shooting at a circle target and his group is down by the recycle symbol. I am going to assume it is not to shoot out the point of aim, but that far seems extreme.

What makes you think he wasn't aiming at the recycling symbol? Aim small miss small. The bull is a pretty big target.

Obviously, "you did your part". Do you use a Barska or Countersniper? What kind of mounting system do you use? I always found duct tape to work pretty well as I like to change optics to meet the needs of the situation at hand. My SKS only shoots half that good. You are really a lucky guy. That rifle is definitely a keeper. Good shootin JayJay!

There is nothing special about these three 5 shot groups. I know if I aim at the same spot and the bullet doesn't hit the same place as the last one, then obviously it was me. I see value in shooting groups, as well a single shot per target. I do both. Only hits count though. I don't like to see 5 misses no matter how small the hole is.

Stiller175SMK.jpg

Shot from prone position using a bipod and sandsock. Stiller action, Rock creek barrel chambered in 308 with a Leupold MK4 M1 3.5-10X40, all fifteen shots were fired in under 5 minutes.

Load is
175 SMK
Lapua brass
43.5 RL15
CCI BR2,

but the rifle shoots pretty much anything I feed it well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MECH1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hate to ask a dumb question but why do most "GROUP" shooters show groups WAY WAY off target? Like some of the above <span style="color: #CC0000">he is shooting at a circle target and his group is down by the recycle symbol</span>. I am going to assume it is not to shoot out the point of aim, but that far seems extreme.
</div></div>
Wow, let me start out by saying that my first goal to shooting groups is "not" to hit my point of aim, as I said I shoot groups for load developement, so most of the time my scope isn't set up to punch the center of the Bullseye.
Yes, the recycling symbol was my point of aim on that target, it was a crowded day at the range, and I got tired of waiting for a "cold range" so I could set up another target, I used it because it was a target of opportunity that someone had left on the board, and Yes, the Big black target already had hits on it.
As far as the 300 yard target, I had just put a different scope on my rifle and didn't have it fully adjusted, after a few shots at 100 yards I dialed up and starging shooting at the 300 yard target, after the first two shots grouping so well I finished up my string with out any changes. Looking through the spotting scope it looked pretty good, so my shooting buddy dialed in some windage and shot a five shot string as well, his group went about .030 larger than mine, and Yes, he saved his target.
As most of you know, the rifles we shoot are generally more accurate than their shooters, but by following a few basic marksmanship rules, and a little luck the groups can happen.
SScott

looks like i need to hire a bunch of you guys to coach me. some very nice shootin here...wish i could come close to some of these groups! years and years of caffeine, nicotine, and alcohol abuse i reckon

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MECH1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hate to ask a dumb question but why do most "GROUP" shooters show groups WAY WAY off target? Like some of the above he is shooting at a circle target and his group is down by the recycle symbol. I am going to assume it is not to shoot out the point of aim, but that far seems extreme.
</div></div>

Here's you one from 705 yards in the bull.
1295206370.jpg

Here is my last group I did at 200yds starting with a cold bore shot with the top hole followed by a 4 shot group using HSM 175gr BTHP.Its not in the bullseye b/c I did a quick look off my range card and thats where they landed.

IMG_4573.jpg

IMG_6750.jpg

IMG_6751.jpg

1295206370.jpg
[/quote]

Thats great shooting. What did you use?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: whit</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
1295206370.jpg
</div></div>

Thats great shooting. What did you use? [/quote]

Thanks! The rifle is an APA build on an FN SPR action chambered in 6.5x47 Lapua. Group was shot with 130 Bergers.

gun005.jpg

Thanks guys, I really appreciate you taking the time to show the fruits of your labor. I have only been shooting a bolt gun for about 5 months, I do not have a custom gun, just my Tikka 308 Vamint, I am not sure what it is truly capable of? I can see I have lots of rounds to put down range before I can consistently touch. I wish I could spend a day watching how you came to achieve the right load, shooting technique ect. Again I hope I did not offend anyone with the post.

Diego

As I said it was a question and it was not to offend. And you did clarify that was your point of aim. I can not show such results yet. I completed a new break in on a rifle and had a equipment malfunction the bag split open. But I placed 2 ok groups they were both semi fast using FGMM168SMK at 200y

2poqzqb.jpg

2qa5izb.jpg

Shot this with my first build. Savage 7mm Rem mag, b&c stock, RWS brake, Vortex 6.5-20x50. 162gr SST, avg velocity of 3147fps. Pulled the 4th shot, 4 shot hole measured .186 at 104 yards. Not bad for a $455 rifle.
group2.jpg

punishergun3.jpg

I was doing some testing today with my new 6BR, target below is at 300m. I know it's miles off target but I'm testing some different loads and seating depths. This was the first time I've shot it at 300. 108gr Berger bt, 30.2gr of AR2208, .010" into the lands. It's a Howa with a 1/8 twist, 22.5" barrel.

300m%205%20shot%20group.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">this was 10 rounds at 200 yards with my SKS

is.jpg
</div></div>

"son dont be a pussy, back in my day i fought waves of derkas and got paid in cocoa butter and failure"

VAJayJayPunisher where is this from? The quote I mean.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gregt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was doing some testing today with my new 6BR, target below is at 300m. I know it's miles off target but I'm testing some different loads and seating depths. This was the first time I've shot it at 300. 108gr Berger bt, 30.2gr of AR2208, .010" into the lands. It's a Howa with a 1/8 twist, 22.5" barrel.

300m%205%20shot%20group.jpg

</div></div>

Damn good shooting tex!!! How long did it take you to develop that load?

Well i know nothing impressive but shooting on 2 hours of sleep and having a and argument with my girl friend. Shooting at 400 yrd a triple and double.SHOOTING ANGRY IS A BAD IDEA!
P8070002.jpg