• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hollow points available for pistol reloads

Blackcreek

Private
Minuteman
Apr 29, 2020
I'm new to reloading and looking for some hollow point bullets for 45acp and 9mm. I usually carry Federal HST but would like to load some hollow points myself and wanted to see what others thought seeing as HST's are not available new unless you can find them as pulls.
I've found Hornady XTP and RMR's in house hollow points but looking for other good options.

Not sure if the RMR are a good true jacketed HP, May be wrong, I like gold dot first, then XTP, Sig Vcrown, Have some heavy nosler sporting HP for the 10. All seem to shoot good as far as accuracy. Have taken 2 deer with the 158GD in 357 mag, from a tree stand, 20 yards, Both neck shots, DRT.

Reactions: camocorvette
what exactly are you using them for? if home defense and how they expand im not sure if asking if they are accurate and shoot well then yes they do/are...but so does every 9mm bullet ive shot...
armscorp 124g bulk JRN
124g RMR JHP
124g extreme JRN
124g east coast reloading JHP
147g east coast reloading JHP
124g hornady XTP

this is the same load doing a seating test glock 34 top staccoto P on the bottom 15yds off a bench...these are all 2" dots...

53E61E7E-D0A7-4CB4-8D36-A75A9E9B5DA0.jpeg

same load as above 124g extreme JRN 10yds off hand

70694818-9EC1-4F22-9911-DED5C3197118.jpeg

5E5F8B68-6A42-4270-A34D-23CD0979BFC3.jpeg
BFEF14CD-319C-48E7-8485-C22F33337925.jpeg
BA1AF0B9-D3FF-40BB-BD81-4E1AF22F2729.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: camocorvette
Thanks for the recommendations

I've loaded molly coated lead for target shooting and wanted some HP ammo for defense in a SHTF situation. I carry factory ammo for CC but buying 500-1000 rounds of that is kinda crazy right now.
I didn't know OAL could be changed on pistol like a rifle I guess I thought it would cause pressure spikes.

Looks like gold dots are out of stock most everywhere right now so might have to wait.

I've loaded molly coated lead for target shooting and wanted some HP ammo for defense in a SHTF situation. I carry factory ammo for CC but buying 500-1000 rounds of that is kinda crazy right now.
I didn't know OAL could be changed on pistol like a rifle I guess I thought it would cause pressure spikes.

Looks like gold dots are out of stock most everywhere right now so might have to wait.
Just about everything is out of stock. Keep your eyes peeled on just place a backorder for some.

hornady XTPs would be great for what your looking for....and yes changing seating....like with rifle...will change pressures but as long as your not on the ragged edge shouldnt be a problem as long as your not compressing the crap outta the powder.

Last edited:
I shoot Sig V Crown ammo through my 1911 .45 acp and my Sig p365xl 9mm. They cycle great and group well in my guns. I just bought Sierra 124gr V Crown bullets for loading from Optics Planet earlier this week. If you keep you eyes peeled they pop back up in stock from time to time.