• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hollywood press

Unless you are just interested in vintage I'd pass. Depending on the model, they could take proprietary shell holders or if a semi-progressive model, may only be readily set up for a single caliber.

The heavy duty single stages are unnecessarily heavy, yet don't have the leverage of a modern O press.

They are very collectible for vintage reloading nerds (I'm guilty), but would be a poor choice for someone starting out.

I had a bunch of them. Dozens. Still have one with a lot of extras. The powder measures are very precise.

I have a large Hollywood BP. Would need to modify collet for correct caliber. Also some various other parts. Powder measures etc. PM IF INTERESTED.

Hi,

Any of those on the Texas FB marketplace a BMG Turret press?
Any chance there are some of the Hollywood bullet pullers listed, specifically for 375, 408 or 50?

Sincerely,
You will need to respond to the website directly. Shouldn't be too hard to find.

I bought a turret press and a single stage. I am super impressed with them. Unbelievably smooth operation and built like a tank. I've already done some swaging. I also picked up one of his Hollywood powder measures. I've never found one that consistent.

Reactions: lash and RTH1800
If someone wanted a Hoss of a press, that Hollywood turret press would be it. Some of them already have 7/8"-14 turrets, some have 1.25" or 1.5" by whatever threads. There are sellers on eBay who still make shell holders and priming rams for these, so thats no big deal.

Still, I wouldn't want one as an only press. Mine sits unused most of the time, but every now and then I entertain the idea of firing up the lathe & mill, and turning it into a sort of progressive press. Like a 550b on steriods. Probably never going to happen when I have 2 actual 550's sitting next to it.

My dad has had a beast of a Hollywood on his bench for forever. I grew up churning out ammo on that monster. When the time comes, I will bolt it to my bench beside the Dillon.

Reactions: lash
is this the same thing you saw ?
and if i can get my hands to type you said they had more of these ? on amazon ?

Last edited:
Reactions: isofahunter
You can get a shell holder adapter for $25 that will allow you to use any modern shell holders.

Reactions: lash
You mean like this?

1A405FA7-8A62-4DD5-99E7-AEC40F825579.jpeg

I have been using this press to load since the early ‘80s when I was given it by a family friend who had used it for many years. It just works and I wouldn’t trade it.