• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors "Hollywood Quiet"

CFA

Private
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2010
South EastTexas
I have an AAC suppressor. I have a Remington Model 700 5R barrel with a 11.25 twist. I am wanting to use subsonic rounds with my suppressor on my rifle. Seems everything I read says you should use a rifle with 1/10 twist (My Noveske N6). I have to use a T-51 flash hider for my suppressor to mount properly. My question is: Is this. Would it be safe to use this setup on my 5R barrel? And would it be safe to use this setup on my N6? What bullet weight would be effective? Have not had the suppressor that long and surely do not want to screw it up, much less my rifles nor do I want to cause injury to myself or others. I have seen a guy on utube shooting a bolt gun with a suppressor and subsonic rounds. Do not know the configuration. I know there are some of you out there that knows the answer. Thanks in advance.

"Hollywood Quiet"

I can stabilize 170 gr round nose 30-30 bullets in my 1:12 at subsonic speeds. If you want to shoot 30 cal subsonic, one of the best ways is to get a 1:7 or 1:8 twist 300 black out. I can shoot 220 smk's with ease out of my 16" or 10" 300 blk out and they are very quiet. They drop like a rock (about 7" from 50-100 yards) but they are quiet. Just make sure whatever load you use that you start high and work down (don't want one stuck 1/2 way down the barrel) and make for sure that they are stabilized or you will get a baffle strike.

Btw-- you are in the wrong forum.

--Daniel

My rifle has a 1/11.25 bartlein and it stabilizes Southwest Ammunitions 175 grain subs just fine. It did not like the 190's. I had a lot of keyholes. And it is "Hollywood Quiet." Sounts like a muffled cap gun.

Surroundings also huge part in the noise from the suppressed rifle.
Shoot in the trees, you will hear a report. Shoot in an open field with nothing to reflect
the sound and it could be very close to Hollywood quite.

My CZ453 with Agula no/powder is like a mouse fart

"Aguila must use pure lead, the no powder load called the Aguila Super Colibri, after hitting the ice lost only a grain in weight. As you can also see by the photo, the 60 grain bullet is so long that Aguila uses the short case to keep the over all length of the 22 long rifle, so it will function thru long rifle actions. Works fine in most of my auto pistols...up to a point. The same with two of my rifles...but if the rifling isn’t fast enough accuracy goes out the window...remember you are using a bullet that is over 33% longer and a velocity that is very low."

Last edited: